Can you dance, sing or act? Or even all three? Then this is the job for you!
Youth Theatre Japan (YTJ) is the one and only English Theater Company for the younger generation in Japan. We make a social contribution by connecting to local and international communities through various performances. Our concept is the fusion of “Entertainment” and “Education.” Our company has been growing dramatically over the past few years, and we now have 46 studios and over 9,000 members in the Kanto, Kansai, Chubu and Fukuoka areas.
You can expect more studios to be opening next year!
We are now hiring creative and enthusiastic individuals to join our team!
Basic Job Description
- Contract Type: Full Time (part time also available)
- Contract period: 1 year, renewable
- Job content: Dance, Ballet, Acting and Voice Instructor
- Salary: 230,000 yen
- Working location: Various studios in one of the Kanto, Kansai, Chubu and Fukuoka areas
- Working shift: 5 days per week, 8 hours per day between 8:00~22:00
- Must be able to relocate to Japan - or live in Japan (Kanto/Kansai/Chubu/Fukuoka).
- Initial training and on the job training provided
- Social Insurance coverage
- Paid holidays
- Paid new-year and summer holidays
- Paid commutation expenses
- Visa sponsorship
- Various other fringe benefits
- Teaching English songs to YTJ members ranging from 4 to 23 years old
- Teaching Dance, stretching, muscle training in English to YTJ members ranging from 4 to 23 years old
- Teaching Acting to YTJ members ranging from 4 to 23 years old
- Preparing lesson materials
- Checking attendance
- Attending regular/irregular meetings and events as required
- Native level English
- Advanced communication skills
- A love of Musicals and the Performing Arts
The ideal candidate will be:
- Punctual, organized and dependable
- Flexible and creative
- Outgoing and friendly
- Able to have easy conversations in Japanese
Preferred candidates will have:
- N2 or N1 JLPT language proficiency
- At least 1 year’s experience of either English teaching or dance instruction
- Knowledge of Dance and Musicals
- A university degree
- Microsoft Office skills (especially Excel)
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
We look forward to hearing from you!
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.