Please address the following points in the cover letter:
1. Tell us about your interests and hobbies (we’d like to know about you)
2. What are your general goals over the next 3 to 5 years?
3. What do you think is the most important thing you have learned from being a teacher?
To teach a wide range of ages at different ability levels of English using a communicative and student-centered approach, follow curriculums based on widely available ESL publications - follow the implemented curriculum and teaching methodology effectively while offering attractive lessons for students - teach private tailored, off-site group business classes, participate in curriculum development, monthly meetings, yearly events - provide and update daily teaching records, student evaluation reports
(A) Necessary Requirements
1. Is a native speaker of English
2. University degree: BA/ BS or higher
3. Has adequate or extensive teaching experience in the ESL industry
4. Is positive, reliable, self-motivated (strong work ethics) and independent
5. Love for teaching esp. children
(B) Preferred Requirements
1. Is capable of teaching a wide range of students from preschool to adults
2. Has experience leading small groups of school aged children
3. Is able to plan enjoyable, quality lessons for a variety of class types
4. Has experience living or travelling overseas for an extended period of time
5. Has experience learning a foreign language
6. Has an interest in Japanese culture and working with Japanese people
7. Valid driver's licence
• 1 year/renewable contract
• Applicant's visa status: Will sponsor or renew
• Health Insurance subsidized
•. Initial training is provided and will be paid on a part-time basis
• Teaching/class hours/week: 20-25
• Hours and days: 5 days a week (exc. Sun) varied hours
• Accommodation setup assistance if needed -cost @ about 40,000 – 55,000 JPY/month
Further details: initial teacher’s training, paid holidays, transportation allowance.
ABOUT THE CITY
Fukui City in Fukui prefecture is surrounded by a lot of nature (mountains on one side and the Sea of Japan on the other). It is a little more low-key than the huge cities of Japan. However, it is located 1.5 hours from Kyoto, 1.8 hours to Osaka and Nagoya and about 30min from Kanazawa. It is well known because of Eiheiji, the famous Buddhist monastery, founded by Dogen Zenji. Fukui has been voted No.1 place to live in Japan by NHK (Japanese National Broadcast Corp.) in 2011.
We look forward to hearing from prospective future colleagues…
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.