RCS is seeking suitably qualified and talented individuals to join our team as an ALT. As the longest standing ALT provider to public schools across Japan, we have the network and experience to ensure your smooth transition into Japanese life.
What’s more, life as an ALT provides a work/life balance that defies the usual Japanese work environment. Cultural sensitivity goes both ways, and we understand that happy ALTs are the framework of our united success!
- What’s in it for you?
• Daytime work hours with weekends and public holidays off
• Ample vacation time coinciding with school term breaks
• Visa support
• Accommodation assistance
• Initial job training to ensure your success
• Access to online teaching materials
• Ongoing and on-site follow-up trainings
• Career advancement opportunities
• An HR and management team who strive to help you in all aspects of your life in Japan!
- What we require?
• Native English speakers
• Possess a minimum 12 years of education where English is the primary language
• Minimum of Bachelor Degree
• Professional, polite, and flexible attitude
• Ability to commit to a 1-year contract
• Teaching experience is not necessary, but will be looked upon favorably
• Basic Japanese or willingness to learn
- What is an ALT?
ALTs by their very name are assistants to the Japanese teachers in the classroom. Classes are taught as a team, with the ALT able to offer native pronunciation and natural grammatical skills to the fore. Outside of the classroom, ALTs act as cultural ambassadors to the students. ALTs usually eat lunch with the students, and may also be involved in the school’s daily cleaning and club activities. It’s an immersive environment with so many rewards, large and small. You’ll gain a deeper understanding of Japanese culture and thinking. If you’re lucky, you may even be the special guest for a school tea ceremony!
- Why RCS?
Real Communication Solutions was founded over 30 years ago as a provider of ALTs to public elementary, junior and high schools and kindergartens across Japan. We value our employees as individuals, whom we respect and aim to work closely with as a team. Public education differs extensively from privately owned conversation schools. Our aim is to educate and make a difference, while the alternative is always encumbered by a pursuit of the bottom line. If your goal is to educate in the best interests of your students, immerse yourself in Japanese life, enjoy a work/life balance, and make a difference, then we’d love to hear from you!
We hire both internationally and domestically. We offer renewable contracts and career progression opportunities to successful ALTs. If you’re ready to change your life, and if you meet our requirements, submit your application today. We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note that due to the volume of applications we receive, only applicants who pass the first screening will be contacted.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.