With the philosophy that “Diversity is the foundation of Innovation” we want to foster genuine diversity and inspire innovation in Japanese and international companies.
Established in 2013, we have been successfully transforming over 270 Japanese startups that are embracing diversity in their workplace.
We connect Japanese startups, that are willing to create innovation through diversity, with passionate and talented foreign engineers who aren’t just looking to find a job but also want to be an agent for change in Japanese companies.
By connecting global talents to Japan’s most innovative companies, we believe that these companies will become the models for other Japanese companies and individuals. While many traditional Japanese companies tend to be stagnant in the way they work, we have been witnessing how startups can be very progressive in transforming the way people work.
Active Connector actively provides support to startups, and we have helped companies understand how they can make the most of people’s unique backgrounds.
Our work starts from curating the right type of Japanese startups and introducing these companies to passionate foreign individuals residing in Japan. We help candidates prepare by providing interview practice, sharing information that cannot be easily obtained in English, negotiating with companies etc…
After the candidate successfully finds the company where they can truly exercise their passion, we conduct follow up surveys and consultancy with the company and candidate and make proposals to the companies where needed.
Our team is composed of highly motivated people, from various nationalities, with different cultural/educational/working backgrounds but with the collective ambition of building expertise within the human capital field, be it as a sales manager, career consultant, or a different role. We embrace diversity and multiculturalism, and as such, we aspire to become a role model for companies in other industries too. We work on a lot of “experiments” about how we can incorporate global trends in making the workplace a better and more fun place.
As we are growing our business, we are currently looking for a Recruitment Consultant who will be dedicated to helping fellow foreigners build their careers in Japan. As a recruitment consultant, you will be able to help people bridge various kinds of gaps they have when it comes to job hunting/changing jobs. You will be able to listen to people’s stories and introduce them to possibilities that they may not have realized by themselves. Our company is dedicated to curating only companies that we can be proud to introduce to candidates based on our corporate values. You will be able to experience being a part of change for people’s lives!
■Roles and Responsibilities■
– Providing career consulting services to registered users (mostly foreign international students and also mid-career professionals), in English
– Introducing jobs that match candidates profiles and expectations
– Providing necessary training and information to candidates for interviews with Japanese companies
-Contributing towards building a better team & company at Active Connector (Though it has been over 6 years since we were established, there are many points we can improve in terms of quality and efficiency. We are looking for people who can proactively come up with solutions for improvement and make an even better team together!)
-Based on your career plan, there are some self-initiated projects that you can be involved in. There are other team led projects you can take part in as well (such as people development, operation improvement etc…).
– Have passion in recruitment/human capital field or at least serious (proven) intention to build expertise in this area
– Great communication skills
– Fluency in English (*Japanese is not required)
– Passion for innovation and startups
– Passion for making a positive change in people’s lives by providing guidance
– Proven ability to set priorities and be able to focus on important tasks
– Proven ability to delegate tasks (e.g. to career consultant support staff)
– Currently residing in Japan with a valid visa (*It would be possible for us to issue a work visa, but we cannot accept applicants on a tourist visa.)
– Work experience in the recruitment field (experience in other fields is also welcome)
– Good knowledge of the Japanese job market, industries, and career trends
– Commitment to stay with the company longterm
– Currently residing in the Tokyo area
– Working hours: Monday~Friday; Core hour 10:00-16:00, 8 hours a day (FLEX TIME)
– Holidays: Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays, paid leaves, sick-paid leaves, ceremonial paid leaves, end of the year holidays, and additional 2 paid leaves if all paid leaves are taken (to encourage rest and good energy to re-charge our team members), 3 day summer holiday (Taken between June-September)
– 3-months trial period
-After completion of your trial period, you are eligible to work from home 1.5 day a week
*Monthly salary based on your experience*
Model salary is as below:
・With no or less than one year of related professional work experience: Monthly salary: 230,000JPY-250,000JPY
・With more than one year and less than four years of related work experience: Monthly salary: 250,000JPY to 290,000JPY
・With more than four years of related work experience: Monthly salary: 290,000JPY to 330,000JPY
Salary includes 40 hours of overtime work (It does not mean that you have to work 40 hours of overtime)
・Bonus: performance incentives from each successful match you help to secure, to be paid every 4 months.
-Expected annual salary (if you perform as expected) will be between 3.2 million JPY to 6 million JPY including the performance based bonus *Possible to exceed this amount if you perform well
– If you reside in walking distance from our office, you will receive an additional ¥ 30,000 per month as housing allowance.
– Transportation cost: covered up to ¥ 30,000 per month.
-Salary promotion: Once a year (April)
Please attach motivation letter.
For those who pass CV screening process, we will make a 15~20-minute call to promising candidates and eventually will invite for a face to face interview.
Final selection process will include one day trial work at our office.
We will deliver the results in around 2 weeks.
[MOTIVATON LETTER NEEDED]
■[Our corporate values■
Our company works with 7 corporate values which we stay true to for every kind of decision we make and every action we take:
1. Go beyond the work
2. Do what you love, love what you do
3. Celebrate Originality
4. Understanding is a two-way street
5. Value integrity and respect
6. There is no failure except for inaction
7. Embrace the unknown
We are very much a vision driven company and are true to our values. We want to genuinely help people with finding the best jobs where their passion and talent meet the company’s vision. We want to introduce not just a job, but a job with a work environment that has the potential for growth and positive change.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2019 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.