Customer second. Your growth is our growth!
Are you looking for the opportunity to use your language education industry experience in a company that supports personal development in its employees? Would you like to combine your teaching experience with business skills and be able to take on managerial duties to help grow your career?
As part of our ongoing expansion, Rosetta Stone Learning Center is seeking an Assistant Learning Center Operations Manager.
The Assistant LC Operations Manager will be responsible for coordinating and supervising the day-to-day service operations of one of our Learning Centers.
Service operations at Rosetta Stone Learning Center are the lifeblood of the company. Operations encompass the day-to-day provision of lessons to students (English, French and pronunciation) and the coordination of activities in the branches. The operations teams work closely together with the sales and customer service teams to ensure student satisfaction and operational effectiveness. The role encompasses 4 main areas of operations management – people management and development, lesson scheduling (demand/capacity) management, human resources management, and communication.
Rosetta Stone Learning Center is an industry leader in employee satisfaction. We believe that the best customer service comes from having employees who are happy and well motivated in their jobs. Our unique ‘Customer Second’ philosophy enables motivated and dedicated instructors to excel in the classroom, while also having the opportunity to develop their careers in the fields of teaching, curriculum development, operations management, training, HR, and IT.
We are also an industry leader in student-focused lessons using pioneering learning technology. Our culture of continuous innovation has enabled us to fully integrate technology into our learning environment, both for instructors and students, and helped us to develop a proprietary system that provides in-depth technology support in areas like scheduling, lesson delivery, and student review.
Last year, in coordination with our parent company Link and Motivation (ranked one of the top companies to work for in Japan), we launched a new digital learning platform that allows instructors working in our Tokyo and Osaka locations to deliver lessons to students nationwide. With the rapid growth in this division, we will be expanding our teaching team. In the upcoming year, we will also be increasing the number of schools from which we offer in-house one-on-one lessons across Japan.
Finally, as part of the Link and Motivation group of companies, we believe that motivation is key to the success of students. We are developing a teaching and support system that emphasizes this, and our instructors have the opportunity to play a leading role as “motivation engineers”. Apart from developing advanced teaching skills, you will also be gaining expertise that will be easily-transferable to any career path you decide to take in the future.
You could be the ideal candidate for the position of Assistant Manager of Learning Center Operations if you meet the following criteria:
- You are eager to learn and impart knowledge on others, you take pride in improving not only yourself but helping others do so as well.
- You are good at working as part of team and aspire to be a leader who knows how to lead from the front.
- You understand the importance of working in a structured environment with rules and standards but also the need to take initiative when appropriate.
- You are organized, analytical and creative in your approach to solving problems and improving processes.
- Help run operations to optimise quality and student satisfaction while maintaining costs
- Assist in managing lesson schedule to ensure optimum lesson capacity and mix is provided
- Measure, analyse and report key operational performance metrics, and improvement strategies and action plans based on the analysis.
- Help ensure service and quality standards are met in the branch
- Work with the HR department to ensure the branch is appropriately supplied with teaching and support staff.
- Facilitate high standards of communication throughout the branch. Ensure effective dissemination of company communication to staff in the branch and facilitate upward communication from the branch to management.
- Work with sales and customer service teams to support sales strategies to improve revenues.
- Work with facilities management and the IT department to ensure the branch is in good upkeep and properly equipped.
- Help set instructor performance expectations and take action where required on staff discipline in the branch.
- Working days: 1 weekend day mandatory (strong preference for Sunday, Monday availability; other weekdays negotiable)
- Salary: fixed monthly salary of 270,000 - 300,000 yen (will depend on experience)
- Transportation allowance
- Paid leave entitlement of 10 days per year
- Full-time status (includes social insurance coverage)
- Stock ownership with generous company matching program
- Orientation training (3 days) followed by ongoing training program
- Management Training Program
- Significant opportunities for career development and advancement
- 3+ years of teaching experience
- 1+ year's experience leading and/or managing a team
- Japanese proficiency (conversational level or above preferred)
- Comfortable using IT (Office software, basic PC/network setup) and have a willingness to learn more
If you are humble, willing to learn, flexible, and ready to join the RSLC team, please submit your application along with a cover letter stating your reasons for wanting to work with us.
We will be accepting applications until April 29th, but applications submitted before April 15th will be prioritised. Applicants with immediate starting availability will also be prioritised.
Please note that due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to all emails or requests for information.
***Please use the application function on this website rather than contacting the schools directly as the staff there will not be able to process your application.***
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2019 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.