Educational Network Inc. (E-Staff Tokyo) seeks educators to be placed as Language Teachers (ALTs) in schools across the Kanto and Kansai areas. Applicants for the available positions should be enthusiastic about teaching the English language to Japanese school students and should have a desire to help them learn about the culture, customs and other points of interest of other countries.
The current available openings are for both full-time and part-time positions at private elementary, junior high and senior high schools spread across the Kanto region (Tokyo, Chiba, Saitama, and Kanagawa.)
Although responsibilities vary depending on the position all involve:
- Helping to make lesson plans.
- Teaching English communication lessons (Team teaching or solo teaching up to 20 classes a week for full-time positions).
- Suggesting ideas / creating teaching materials.
- Student evaluation.
- Attending occasional school events. (Culture festival, sports festival etc.)
- Participating in department/school meetings when necessary.
- Helping to provide the students with an opportunity to study English and learn about other cultures in an enjoyable educational environment.
The current available positions' general working conditions are as follows:
- Working term: April 1st, 2019 to March 31st, 2020 (Yearly contract renewal possible)
- Working Hours: 8:30 to 17:00 for full-time positions and various options for part-time positions.
- Break: 1 hour lunch break for full-time positions
- 10 days (Full-time) statutory paid holiday allowance available after 6 months of employment in addition to national holidays
Salary will be paid on a monthly basis and all transportation expenses between the teacher's place of residence and the school will be reimbursed. Full-time positions also include Social Insurance coverage (health insurance and pension) and Employment Insurance coverage.
-Must be a native speaker of English.
-Must have completed a university Bachelor’s Degree.
-Must be currently residing in Japan and have a valid visa status that allows you to live and work in Japan. (Please don't apply if you don't satisfy this requirement)
-Must be able to work confidently within a Japanese work environment with tact, flexibility and
-Must have at least one year of English teaching experience at an elementary, JHS or SHS school in Japan.
- Must have a genuine interest in education and teaching.
- Must be able to offer commitment to the job throughout the duration of the contract.
- Must be a cooperative, communicative, patient, productive and creative person.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
*Please note that in the case of a high number of applications we may not be able to respond in person to each and every candidate. We apologise for this and thank you for your understanding.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2019 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.