The Customer Support assistant’s primary purpose is to assist our customers whilst they are travelling in Japan to have the best possible trip by providing great customer service. You will be answering customer questions, helping with requests and working with customers and our operations and sales teams to solve any problems that come up. The aim is to go beyond customer expectations and ensure happy customers who want to recommend us and travel with us again.
You will be answering our customer support telephone line and email to provide support for customers taking tailor-made trips with us. There will be lots of itinerary questions, assistance for any missed transfers, requests for extra guides and experiences and assistance for incidents such as illness or injury.
You will be responsible for helping to implement company policies and ensuring the best possible outcome of any customer support issues for the customers and the company.
At times of crisis you will need to be able to assist customers efficiently and effectively.
In addition to supporting the company’s customers travelling in Japan, the Nagoya desk also acts as a secondary support for our clients visiting the South-East Asia region.
The position will also involve various miscellaneous tasks as and when required. These will range from assistance with basic administrative duties in the office and assistance with the company Health and Safety process to attending in person our customers for unusual or emergency situations that may arise from time to time.
This role will suit an individual who is motivated by providing good service, derives job satisfaction from helping customers to have the best experience possible, is able to work under pressure and has excellent communication and negotiation skills.
You will need to be able to handle complaints and use your skills to turn negatives into positives.
This position is intended to cover the weekend shift, so you will normally be working Thursday to Monday with Tuesday and Wednesday as your days off. In the off-season (December, January and February) this can be altered so that you are working a different shift pattern.
Our office remains open on national holidays to look after clients in Japan with shifts divided between Customer Support Team members. The Customer Support Team takes turns providing clients with support of the New Year period.
When working a National Holiday or over the New Year period you will get days off in lieu for each day worked.
We are looking for people who thrive on tackling even difficult customer support issues and are passionate about providing the best customer support in the industry.
Who will you be working with?
You will be working as part of the Customer Support team to provide comprehensive support for our customers.
You will also interact with the operations teams to make changes or additions to customer itineraries and with the sales teams to help resolve any customer difficulties.
What are we looking for from you?
The role is for someone wanting to take their first steps in customer service or someone with more experience looking to take the next step within customer service. You will need to be resilient and to be able to keep a positive outlook even under pressure. You will need to be the sort of person who enjoys resolving challenging situations and wants to provide the best service possible. We are looking for a positive approach to customer service and a desire to exceed customer expectations.
• Customer service log details
• Incident reports
• H&S reports
• Notices of service disruptions (internal and external)
• Client whereabouts and service reports
Main tasks and responsibilities
• Answer customer support requests by telephone and email
• Coordinate with the operations team and travel consultants on customer support issues
• Keep our Customer Support Log up to date
• Troubleshoot during service disruptions – earthquakes, typhoons etc
• Ensure that decisions are made in line with company policy and work with the management team to refine and clarify policies where needed
• Liaise with service providers to ensure seamless service delivery
• Assist with Health and Safety processes
Experience and key skills required
• A successful native English speaker will have an intermediate to advanced level of Japanese (preferably JLPT N2 or higher).
• A successful native Japanese speaker will have an advanced level of English (preferably a TOEIC score of 900 or higher). Overseas experience is a plus.
• Other languages may be of benefit (Spanish, German, French, Italian)
• Excellent communication skills and a calm, unflappable manner
• Keen attention to detail and ability to remain calm under pressure
• Experience of travelling in Japan and knowledge of the country
• A confident phone manner in both English and Japanese
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Office and confidence and an interest in using IT
• Ability to work individually as well as the capacity to fit in to a team orientated work place
• Calm and measured approach to conflict
• Creative problem-solving skills
• A passion for customer service
• Experience in a customer service environment will be a benefit
• Knowledge of South-East Asia
• Experience in use of databases (CRMs, booking systems etc)
• Experience in the travel industry
Pay and Conditions
• Salary: from 260,000 per month rising to 271,993 per month after passing probation
• 40 Hours per week, normally Thursday to Monday
• 23 days holiday
• Social insurance cover
• Annual bonus: up to 125% of one month’s salary dependent on performance
• Probation period: 6 months
• Visa support available
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.