- Target students for AY 2019: G7 (G1 of junior high school) (after 6 years, all grades have students.)
- To support eight MYP (Mathematics) classes per week that the Japanese teacher will teach
- To support the project based learning classes, four classes per week in the “ Period for Integrated Studies”
- To conduct the English Immersion Activity for two hours after school, three times a week
- To attend the IB MYP workshop
- To make curriculum
- To attend the teachers’ meetings
- To do the entrance examination work such as preparation of test and grading
- To support the authorization work on IB
- To support the ICT work (including Managebac)
- To support the homeroom teacher
- Other jobs that the Head of School accepts to do
* It is preferable that the candidate has teaching experiences to teach the non-English speakers or has the equivalent qualification or certificate such as EAL, TESOL and CLIL.
* We expect him/her to teach Math in IBDP in the future.
* If he/she can start from January in 2019, his/her job is to prepare for opening the school such as making curriculum.
1. Work place: Okushi, Osakikamijima-cho, Toyota-gun,
During the preparation for the establishment of the school (until the end of AY2018). The work place will be the Hiroshima Prefectural Government building.
Salary term: monthly salary based on daily date
Expected annual salary: up to 7,300,000JPY
Condition: Transportation allowance will be paid according to the circumstances.
After opening the school, a municipal residence next to the school will be available with up to half of the rent covered.
4. Working hours:
Weekday :10:30-18:00 including 45minute break, in case of work on Sat. 8:25-16:55 including 45 minute break
5. Working shifts and Day off
(1) Working shift
The head of school will decide the following working shifts according to the timetable.
Shift 1: Working from Monday to Friday and taking day off on weekend
Shift 2: Alternating Shift A and B biweekly
Shift A: Working on Monday to Friday, taking day off on weekend
Shift B: Taking day off on Sunday and one weekday, Working on the other weekdays and Saturday
Maximum monthly working days shall be 20 days and maximum annual working days shall be about 190 days. Average monthly working days will be 17 days with possible fluctuations above and below on seasonal vacations, consecutive leaves such as “Golden week”, and school events.
English Level: Native level, If non-native, equivalent to CEFR C1 level
Japanese Level: Basic (Preferable)
Cover letter: Required/ Please include your educational philosophy in the cover letter
Visa Sponsorship: Available
Requirements*: To fall under any of the following 1), 2) or 3),
1) To have experience teaching Mathematics at a similar school or educational institution in Japan
2) To have experience working in a specialized field relating to the subject that you will apply for (at the private company or the overseas educational institutions.)
3) To have an overseas teaching license for the subject that you will apply for.(Preferably to have a teaching experience in IB school.)
Other requirements: The following people are ineligible to apply;
(1) An adult ward or a warrantee
(2) A person who has been sentenced to imprisonment or other severe punishment or currently under indictment.
(3) A person who has been given a dishonorable discharge or an undesirable discharge by the Hiroshima Prefecture or Hiroshima Prefectural Board of Education and within the past two years.
(4) A person who has been had his/her teacher's certificate revoked within the past three years.
(5) A person who is a member of the Personnel Commission or the Equity Commission who has been sentenced to the penalties due to the discrimination or breach of confidentiality.
(6) A person who has formed or joined a political party or other organization, which supports destruction of the Constitution of Japan or the national government formed under it through violence, on or after the date when the Constitution of Japan went into effect.
< Ideal candidate>
1. Motivation / Values
1-1. Strong sympathy for the missions, visions and values of the school
1-2. A high ethical sense and a strong responsibility for education
1-3. The empathy and passion necessary to enable them to be deeply involved in the learning, living, and well-being of students in a boarding school system
1-4. Motivation to continue research on and development of advanced education and keep on conducting such education
1-5. Diversity of perspectives and awareness as a global citizen
1-6. Motivation to try to show leadership and actively work with team members with diverse backgrounds
1-7. Motivation to be actively involved in the local community in Osakikamijima Town and the global network
2. Knowledge / Skills
2-1. High degree of expertise in their subjects (knowledge and skills concerning educational content)
2-2. High English proficiency
2-3. Facilitation skills to foster deep thinking among students
2-4. Strong commitment to the inquiry-based learning and the project-based education
2-5. Strong commitment to the philosophy and educational programs of the International Baccalaureate
2-6. Ability to engage in extracurricular activities and develop concept learning and hands-on learning through inquiring
2-7. Accountability for the physical and mental development and academic achievement levels of students
< Recruiting steps>
- 1st step: Document screening
The BoE will contact only those who passed the document screening to arrange the date for interview.
- 2nd Step: Having interview
The candidates are required to bring the necessary qualification or certificates such as the residence card and teaching license.
The candidates are required to make a lesson plan and prepare materials following the given format and conditions prior to the interview. He/she can choose the best topic and create his/her own lesson plan.
The candidate will bring the lesson plan to the interview and have a 15-minute demo lesson in an office-like room. He/she can bring materials if necessary. Not all the materials are to be brought for this demo lesson. The school staffs will be present to evaluate the demo lesson, while they act as students. We will see how you design the lesson and interact with learners. A Q & A session about the demo lesson will be expected afterwards.
The BoE will give notification about the result to all the candidates and will contact the successful applicants.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2019 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.