Department: Flight Dynamics Group Leader, member of the Flight Dynamics Group
Work Location: Nagoya, Japan
Expected Duration of the Contract:
Estimated one-year contract; contract duration may vary, depending on the program situation, and upon agreement with the company
The primary role of this position is to lead activities of the Flight Control Law team. The primary scope of work is to manage the team with specialized technical background and knowledge regarding control laws related to design, verification, and certification. The engineer is expected to provide hands-on assistance with regional Jet development, providing innovative ideas with the ability to adapt successfully to changing situations and environments. This will include some technical work, such as: documentation verification; internal coordination of regulatory aspects of engineering, tools, pilot simulation and flight tests; validation and verification. Also includes interfacing with all other aircraft functions and engineering teams to coordinate and obtain the approval of any task assigned contributing to aircraft design and certification. The position will work as team leader of the Flight Control Law Team in the Flight Dynamics Group.
• Planning, managing and control of control law design-related activities
• Planning, managing and control of desktop simulation-related activities
• Planning, managing and control of manned simulation-related activities
• Planning, managing and control of flight test-related activities
• Planning, managing and control of validation and verification-related activities
• Support of reported problem resolution, including interaction with the pilot community
• Support of tools, methods, and analysis in a development environment
• Support of integrating activities with other areas of the organization including flight control
systems, aeroelastics, and loads
• Preparation of documentation to support certification and, if requested, coordination with
regulatory authorities (JCAB, EASA, FAA)
• All tasks required to perform the above activities are considered within the scope of work:
reviewing related documents, technical calculations, interface discussions with team members
and all other stakeholders including systems, structures, manufacturing, customer support, and
• Education and mentoring of team members regarding professional knowledge of control law
design and qualification will be required on an on-going basis
• Provide expertise to assist in resolving control law issues identified during any desktop analysis,
piloted simulation, rig testing, and flight testing
May involve international travel; deployment for extended periods to U.S.A. to support ground and flight tests may be necessary
• Further support of auto-landing and auto-pilot systems and/or activities related to other derivative aircraft may be added to the work scope, as required
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2019 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.