IT Network Engineer
We are seeking a Network Engineer to design, implement, maintain, and support new and existing network infrastructures. You will be part of an outstanding systems engineering team, in an excellent work environment, that is responsible for designing and developing scalable, maintainable, highly available network architectures that meet business objectives and service level agreements.
Responsibilities and duties
The Network Engineer will be responsible for:
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
- Sustain the necessary data throughput rate by monitoring networking activity and existing equipment;
- Setup and monitor network firewalls;
- Assess the functionality of the network routers;
- Make sure all Internet security software is regularly updated;
- Respond to network connectivity issues and resolve any wireless communication issues within the confines of the office;
- Develop and implement company e-mail policies;
- Collaborate with third-party support and service vendors to ensure that the network stays operational;
- Other IT support tasks as requested by the IT manager.
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field;
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certificate preferred;
- Palo Alto Networks, Fortigate, or CompTIA networking certifications are desirable;
- 3+ years’ experience in network architecture and deployment;
- Japanese language skills (JLPT N3 or better) is preferred
- Ability to work and communicate well others.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2018 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.