As part of our ongoing expansion, Rosetta Stone Learning Center is seeking an Assistant Learning Center Operations Manager.
The Assistant LC Operations Manager will be responsible for coordinating and supervising the day-to-day business operations of one of our Learning Centers.
Service operations at Rosetta Stone Learning Center are the lifeblood of the company. Operations encompass the day-to-day provision of lessons to students (English, French and pronunciation) and the coordination of activities in the branches. The operations teams work closely together with the sales and customer service teams to ensure student satisfaction and operational effectiveness. The role encompasses 4 main areas of operations management – people management and development, lesson scheduling (demand/capacity) management, human resources management, and communication.
Rosetta Stone Learning Center is an industry leader in employee satisfaction. We believe that the best customer service comes from having employees who are happy and well motivated in their jobs. Our unique ‘Customer Second’ philosophy enables motivated and dedicated instructors to excel in the classroom, while also having the opportunity to develop their careers in the fields of teaching, curriculum development, operations management, training, HR, and IT.
We are also an industry leader in student-focused lessons using pioneering learning technology. Our culture of continuous innovation has enabled us to fully integrate technology into our learning environment, both for instructors and students, and helped us to develop a proprietary system that provides in-depth technology support in areas like scheduling, lesson delivery, and student review.
For this particular position, we are looking for someone with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills as well as good analytical skills. The ideal Assistant LC Operations Manager will be a creative problem-solver who knows how to lead from the front.
- Help run operations to optimise quality and student satisfaction while maintaining costs
- Assist in managing lesson schedule to ensure optimum lesson capacity and mix is provided
- Help set staff performance expectations and take action where required on staff discipline in the branch.
- Work with the HR department to ensure the branch is appropriately supplied with teaching and support staff.
- Facilitate high standards of communication throughout the branch. Ensure effective dissemination of company communication to staff in the branch and facilitate upward communication from the branch to management.
- Work with sales and customer service teams to support sales strategies to improve revenues.
- Measure, analyse and report key operational performance metrics, and improvement strategies and action plans based on the analysis.
- Help ensure service and quality standards are met in the branch
- Work with facilities management and the IT department to ensure the branch is in good upkeep and properly equipped.
- Working days: 1 weekend day mandatory (strong preference for Sunday, Monday availability; other weekdays negotiable)
- Salary: fixed monthly salary of 270,000 - 300,000 yen (will depend on experience)
- Transportation allowance
- Paid leave entitlement of 10 days per year
- Attractive international working environment in the heart of Ginza (only a 1-minute walk from our Ginza Six HQ).
- Full-time status (includes social insurance coverage)
- Stock ownership with generous company matching program
- Orientation training (2.5 days) followed by ongoing training program
- Management Training Program
- Significant opportunities for career development and advancement
- 3+ years of teaching experience
- 1+ year's experience leading and/or managing a team
- Japanese proficiency (conversational level or above preferred)
- Comfortable using IT (Office software, basic PC/network setup) and have a willingness to learn more
If you are humble, willing to learn, flexible, and ready to join the RSLC team, please submit your application along with a cover letter stating your reasons for wanting to work with us.
We will be accepting applications until March 16th, but applications submitted before March 2nd from potential candidates with immediate starting availability will be prioritised.
Please note that due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to all emails or requests for information.
***Please use the application function on this website rather than contacting the schools directly as the staff there will not be able to process your application.***
© 2019 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.