TEACH IN JAPAN WITH BERKELEY HOUSE
Berkeley House Language Center, one of the leading language schools in Japan, is currently hiring teachers of English as a foreign language for its branches in Tokyo and other places in Japan, starting in April 2017.
Berkeley House is privileged to provide language instruction to just about every type of adult student imaginable such as students from blue-chip corporations, government agencies, universities and private individuals.
Our classes range from one-on-one general English courses to business language skills seminars using both textbooks and in-house materials customized to fit the specific needs of students. We are dedicated to providing a beneficial learning experience.
Most of our instructors are experienced professionals in the field, many of whom have lived and worked abroad for extended periods of time. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, as well as professional development opportunities. Our goal is to foster a long-term relationship with our educators.
Position Title: Full-time English Instructor/Trainer April 2017
Minimum Education Requirements:
1. Master’s Degree in TESL/TEFL or a related field -OR- Master's degree in another field plus TESL/TEFL certificate
Minimum Professional Requirements:
1. 3+ years' experience teaching adult language learners.
2. Professional and a global mindset, flexible and able to work in cross-cultural situations.
3. Ability to live and work abroad.
4. Desire to be involved in teacher recruiting, training, and material development.
25 teaching/academic development hours a week (Monday to Friday or Tuesday to Saturday)
Salary and Benefits:
1. Monthly salary: First year: 270,000yen (Yearly performance reviews are held and instructors
who remain with us for extended periods are eligible for raises.)
2. 100,000yen contract completion bonus
3. 15 national holidays plus 10 paid holidays
4. Assistance in finding housing/setting up contract (No financial assistance)
5. Visa sponsorship
6. Training and professional support
Please submit the following documents (applications missing the required information will not be considered):
1. CV/Resume with contact information (including Skype address) and all relevant experience.
2. Cover Letter including, prefered start date and location and why you would like to work for Berkeley House in particular.
3. 2 professional references with email contact information, 1 of which is your most recent ESL/EFL employer.
4. Copy of all diplomas and TESL/TEFL certifications.
5. Copy of passport.
We look forward to receiving your materials!
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2017 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.