*** PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY CVS WRITTEN IN ENGLISH WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION***
Finance and Program Administrator - Stanford Program in Japan
Stanford in Japan Godo Kaisha is seeking qualified candidates for a 30 hour per week (75%) Finance & Program Administrator position at the center in Kyoto Japan.
As the Imperial Capital for over a thousand years, Kyoto is the birthplace and custodian of many of the ancient traditions that make Japanese culture so distinctive. Yet Kyoto is also a strikingly dynamic, forward-looking and innovative city – an apparent contradiction that students studying in the Kyoto program can explore through their academic courses and field trips, through interactions with their homestay families and Doshisha University students, and through meeting the people of this incredible city in everyday life.
The Finance and Program Administrator is responsible for managing all of the financial processes at the center, working with the center Director and the home office staff in Palo Alto, California. The Finance and Program Administrator exercises a high degree of responsibility and judgment to ensure that all financial operations including payroll, student support costs, and administrative expenses are managed on an ongoing basis within the budget guidelines provided to the center.
The following are the core duties of this position:
• Administer all of the monthly spending for the center including payroll, student homestay costs, travel and field trip costs, facility expenses, and costs associate with other administrative areas. Payments are made to a wide variety of outside service providers.
• Prepare the detailed monthly cash report and ledger identifying all spending, and provide reconciliation to the center’s budget plan.
• Represent Stanford University with the local bank and other officials. Reconcile the monthly bank account and submit to the home office.
• Support GK Director and manage local consultancy firm to prepare and file tax returns (e.g. consumption and surtax, income tax, withholding taxes, registration and transfer taxes, etc.).
• Support the Director with the preparation of the annual center budget plan.
• Coordinate logistics and payments for program activities, events and field trips.
• Prepare and administer (with Director and other staff) on-site student orientation each academic quarter and coordinate participation of outside parties.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree and five years of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in both Japanese and English.
• Demonstrated expertise in managing financial processes and transactions.
• Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in decision making.
• Demonstrated ability to establish contracts and meet budgetary goals.
• Excellent organizational skills with ability to work independently and collaboratively with professional colleagues both within the center and abroad in a collegial, team-oriented environment.
• Proven ability to establish priorities, manage shifting priorities, and handle numerous time-sensitive projects with multiple deadlines.
• Computer proficiency with skill in using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Advanced knowledge of Japanese culture, history, and business etiquette.
• Salary will be commensurate with experience.
• At the time of hire must be legally authorized to work in Japan.
• Must comply with all visa, work authorization, and tax related laws and regulations as a condition of employment.
• Position is benefits eligible subject to applicable Japan/US laws, regulations and Stanford University policy.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 12 October 2016
STARTING DATE: 1 November 2016
*** NOTE: PLEASE SUBMIT ALL DOCUMENTS AND ONLINE RESPONSES IN ENGLISH.
*** Candidates who pass initial screening will be contacted by Stanford in Japan Godo Kaisha before October 12th 2016.
*** Candidates who who have not been contacted by Stanford in Japan Godo Kaisha by October 12th 2016 should consider their application unsuccessful.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2021 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.