【Teach English right in northeast Osaka!】
Borderlink, Inc. is now hiring for Assistant Language Teacher (ALT) positions in Ibaraki City, Osaka. Teach in a great urban area just northeast of downtown Osaka. Apply now and secure work for the year today! If you are looking to relocate to the Osaka area, we can assist you. Please read on for more information.
Assistant Language Teachers (ALTs) work alongside Japanese teachers to make English lessons fun and engaging for the students. Practicing grammar and vocabulary, participating in games and activities to reinforce the lesson’s goals and communicating with students both inside and outside of the classroom are all part of a day’s work for ALTs.
*If you have prior teaching experience in Japan (especially at public ES and/or JHS) your application will get special consideration.
● Location: Ibaraki City, Osaka
● Contract period: April 2023 to March 2024
● Contract type: Full-time
● Level: Kindergarten, elementary and junior high schools
● Working hours: Between 8:00 to 16:30 (actual working time: 7 hours)
● Salary range: Between 220,000 yen to 250,000 yen (monthly rate)
● This position comes with enrollment in Social Insurance
All successful candidates must possess the following:
● Already be living in Japan and hold a valid visa permitting work (we are unable to accept Tourist/Temporary visas)
● University graduate holding Bachelor's degree or equivalent
● Have had a minimum of 12 years of education where the main language of instruction in all classes was English (Native-level English proficiency)
● Conversational Japanese abilities and proactive in communicating with teachers
● Are in good health and able to fulfill the contract (until March 2024)
● Enthusiastic about teaching English & can conduct lessons in a professional manner
● Highly motivated, outgoing and friendly; able to proactively share ideas and communicate fully with other teachers
Being an ALT lets you work regular school hours on weekdays, leaving your evenings and weekends free. National holidays and school vacation periods are all yours to enjoy. But that’s just the beginning. ALTs with Borderlink enjoy:
● Assistance with visa sponsorship/renewal
● Continual Paid Training (both before starting and annually during your time with us)
● Access to teaching materials including worksheets and flashcards
● Help with relocation & finding housing if you’re looking to move
● Round-the-clock support for your work/life needs
● Paid holidays (as stipulated by the contract)
● Successful candidates are given priority for future positions (based on evaluation)
● Prior to starting, ALTs will be provided a yearly calendar of working days which will help manage their other commitments
【About Ibaraki City (茨木市)】
Located just northeast Osaka City proper, Ibaraki is a great location from which to base oneself. It offers easy access to the rest of Osaka while also being a quieter more suburban area. Ibaraki is on the JR Kyoto Line, and access to the Shinkansen at Shin-Osaka is only about 10 minutes away from Ibaraki Station. Local attractions include the Ibaraki History Museum, Kawabata Yasunari Museum of Literature, and the interestingly-designed Church of Light. Also within close proximity is the Expo ’70 Commemorative Park, a must-see if you are in the area. A bedroom community great for commuters, Ibaraki is a wonderful place to live for those working in the greater Osaka area.
We are accepting applications now! We screen every application ourselves and conduct Skype interviews regularly throughout the week. Applicants from all over Japan are welcome, and we can provide help finding housing to those looking to move.
Borderlink is the fastest-growing ALT dispatch company in Japan, and as we grow we seek to revolutionize not only the way English is taught, but the way ALTs are supported. We’re waiting to hear from you, so please apply today! And thank you for your interest in working with Borderlink!
*Please note that as we receive a high number of applicants, only those who pass the initial screening will be contacted for an interview.
*If you previously worked with Borderlink, your application process can be expedited after evaluation.*
© 2023 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.