【Teach Right in the Heart of Nagoya!】
Borderlink, Inc. is now seeking enthusiastic and dedicated teachers for an Assistant Language Teacher position in Nagoya City. If you're already working an evening or other part-time job, this position is a great way to earn additional income. Best of all, it's located in central, urban Nagoya. There's no need to travel far out into the countryside; if you're living in Nagoya, you're already right where the action is. And if you're planning to move, you'll find Nagoya to be one of the warmest, most inviting places to live. Please read on for more information!
Assistant Language Teachers (ALTs) work alongside Japanese teachers to make English lessons fun and engaging for the students. Practicing grammar and vocabulary, participating in games and activities to reinforce the lesson’s goals and communicating with students both inside and outside of the classroom are all part of a day’s work for ALTs.
● Location: Nagoya City, Aichi Prefecture
● Contract Period: September 6th, 2021 to February 28th, 2022
● Contract Type: Daily (Part-Time)
● Total Number of Working Days: 86
● Level: Junior high schools
● Working Hours: Between 8:00 am to 16:00 pm (actual working time: 7 hours)
● Salary range: Between 11,500 yen to 13,300 yen (daily rate)
● After completing the contract, those who wish to stay with us get priority for future positions
Please note that in these positions, you will work during regular school hours (between 8:00 am and 16:00 pm). The number of working days ranges from 1 to 5 days per week. Because the number of working days can differ from week to week and are set in advance, please confirm the flexibility of any additional work you may have. Prior to starting, ALTs will be provided a yearly calendar of working days which will help manage their other commitments.
In addition to the requirements stated at the top of this ad, all successful candidates must possess the following:
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● Highly motivated, outgoing and friendly
● Are in good health and able to fulfill the contract
● Are flexible with working conditions
Being an ALT lets you work regular school hours on weekdays, leaving your evenings and weekends free. National holidays and school vacation periods are all yours to enjoy. But that’s just the beginning. ALTs with Borderlink enjoy:
● Assistance with visa sponsorship/renewal (where applicable)
● Continual Training (both before starting and annually during your time with us)
● Access to teaching materials including worksheets and flashcards
● Help with relocation & finding housing if you’re looking to move
● Round-the-clock support for your work/life needs
● Paid holidays (as stipulated by the contract)
● A yearly calendar/schedule to help manage your other commitments
● Priority for future positions
【About Nagoya City (愛知県名古屋市)】
Japan's fourth-largest incorporated city and the capital of the culturally-rich Aichi area, Nagoya is the place to be if you want to go everywhere else. But with so much to do in this wonderful city alone, you may never want to leave! It is best known for being the center of the automotive industry in Japan, as well having a strong sense of history. It is even said to be the home of both samurai and ninja culture.
Nagoya's cuisine is top-tier, with a range of local sweets, noodles and sushi. By far the most famous is Miso Katsu, a wholly unique take on the popular breaded pork cutlet dish. Living in and around Nagoya affords one all the conveniences of a big city, but with a completely unique style from living in Tokyo or Osaka. Being at the center of where east and west Japan meet, Nagoya truly is the best of both worlds!
We are accepting applications now! We conduct Skype interviews regularly throughout the business week, and welcome applicants from all over Japan. We’re waiting to hear from you, so please apply today! And thank you for your interest in working with Borderlink!
▲PLEASE NOTE: as we receive a high number of applicants, only those who pass the initial screening will be contacted for an interview.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2021 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.