【ALT Positions on the Kii Peninsula - Where Past Meets Present!】
Borderlink, Inc. is now hiring Assistant Language Teachers (ALTs) for positions in southern Kansai located in Nara Prefecture and neighboring Wakayama Prefecture. Positions will begin very soon, so we highly encourage you to apply now to secure a spot!
Our ALT positions in Southern Kansai are located in:
● Nara – One of the ancient capitals of Japan, living in Nara allows one easy access to Osaka and Kyoto while also providing many delights of its own. Our positions in this area are located in Kashihara City (橋本市), a great place to live if you're looking for a less-expensive suburban area and have a love of Japanese history. Positions are full-time, include enrollment in Social Insurance, and will start from April 2021, running until March 2022.
*Part-time positions are also available in Uda City, Nara; please enquire when applying.
● Wakayama – Located in the southern part of Kansai and bordered by Osaka, Nara and Mie Prefecture, Wakayama is renowned for its beauty and melding of traditional and modern culture. Wakayama boasts spectacular beaches and many nautical-themed sites of interest. Our positions in this area are located in Hashimoto City (橋本市), a pleasant area with close proximity to Wakayama City and a stunning park featuring a suspension bridge over a lake. Positions are full-time, include enrollment in Social Insurance, and will start from May 2021, running until February 2022.
In addition to those stated at the top of this ad, successful candidates should have strong verbal and written communication skills as well as be highly motivated, outgoing/friendly, flexible with working conditions, and be in good health. Before applying, please be certain that you can commit to the entire length of the contract (until February/March 2022).
Positions in these areas require prior teaching experience in Japan OR holding a TESOL/TEFL/equivalent teaching certificate.
We provide initial training before you start and continuing training throughout the year. We also supply you with teaching materials and access to our library of educational resources (worksheets, flashcards, etc.) With all these tools in your kit, you’ll be able to build onto what you’ve learned elsewhere to become a highly-valued and experienced teacher.
Other benefits include:
● Visa assistance (where applicable)
● Help with relocation & finding housing
● Round-the-clock support
● Work regular school hours, allowing you to enjoy your evenings
● Free weekends and national holidays, plus school vacation periods
● ALTs will also be provided a yearly calendar to help manage their other commitments
【About ALT Work】
As an ALT, you would be responsible for co-teaching with Japanese teachers, making activities and materials to facilitate English language instruction. You will also make the language “real” by interacting with students throughout the day to help them actively apply what they learn in class. The ideal candidate is flexible with their teaching style and wants to make a positive impact on the lives of the students. It’s perfect for those seeking a stable schedule and further experience in the classroom. ALTs will be provided a yearly calendar which will help manage their other commitments.
We are accepting applications now! We conduct Skype interviews regularly throughout the week and on weekends, and welcome applicants from all over Japan. We’re waiting to hear from you, so please apply today! And thank you for your interest in working with Borderlink!
*Please note that as we receive a high number of applicants, only those who pass the initial screening will be contacted for an interview.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2021 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.