About Tokyo Academics
Tokyo Academics is the passion project of a constellation of teachers, researchers, and academics from around the world. Since 2012, we’ve evolved from a few university friends to a growing number of part-time and full-time individuals located in Tokyo, as well as working remotely. We are an organization of experts deeply passionate about helping students meet their potential and capture the opportunities of the future.
We are looking for a Marketing and Events Specialist to provide support for our Sales and Marketing team. You will be working at the Tokyo Academics office in Nishiazabu, during our regular business hours (10 AM – 7 PM Japan Standard Time). Some potential visits to schools or events may be required.
Visit the careers page of our website to learn more!
What you will work on:
- Work with the Director of Marketing to plan, develop and create campaign timelines and manage milestones to ensure timely and successful delivery.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with schools and institutions in the Tokyo area.
- Coordinates in all aspects of pre-event program needs including but not limited to vendor management, budget development and approvals, event registration and demand generation, venue selection and management (F & B, operations, etc.), event creative concept design and production.
- Manages all aspects of on-site event execution either directly or through outsourced vendors. - Manages all post-event activities including development and execution of follow-up plans for event attendees, uploading and tracking leads, wrap-up reports etc. Ensures that programs are executed successfully, efficiently, and on a budget so that customers experience a high degree of satisfaction in attending the event.
- Assist in researching and coordinating digital and local campaigns as well as maintaining media plans and budgets.
- Work with the marketing team to create engaging pre-event and post-event content that amplifies our brand and differentiates our services within the community.
Our ideal candidate:
- Fluent English (speaking/reading/writing)
Knowledge in one or multiple online cloud-based Customer Relationship Management software (Hubspot) preferred.
- High proficiency with Microsoft/Internet applications (Google Sheets, Docs, etc) & Adobe Suite Products
- Good systematic and organizational skills.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, curious and a self-starter
- 2+ years experience in similar marketing role
- Competitive compensation package
- Bonuses based on company growth
- 20 days of paid time off per year
- Join a growing bootstrapped company with a lot of potential for growth
- Autonomy to implement ideas and have a significant impact
- Monday – Friday, 40hrs per week
- Working in-person at Tokyo Academics office, with some potential visits to schools / event locations
© 2021 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.