Students collapse onto the floor in laughter as you finish the song with an exaggerated flourish, feigning exhaustion after speeding up the actions faster and faster. You transition the students to their seats and begin showing them the full-colour flashcards that introduce the monthly themes. This week the students are learning about cooperation. You explain that the Japanese character, the American character, and the Brazilian character each celebrate their cultural festivals in unique ways, but that they all require cooperation to run successfully. You point the attention of the students to the costumes in the image, the floats and parades, the dancing and the games. Finally, you announce it is game time, and play a fun game that helps the students connect the language and the theme.
Established in 1985, Tokyo International School Group (TISG) runs Tokyo International School Afterschool (TISAS), Tokyo International School Kindergarten (TISKG), and Tokyo International School Learning Through English (TISLTE) at our Nakameguro, Minami Azabu, Komazawa, Toritsudai, and Gakugeidai model school campuses in Tokyo. We also have franchise campuses based in Kachidoki (Chuo-ku), Maruyama (Sapporo), Nishinomiya (Hyogo), Chuo-ku (Fukuoka), and Kofu (Yamanashi).
We are currently looking to hire one Teacher to join our TISLTE Saturday School program from October 1st, 2022. With online training starting as soon as possible.
The morning class is from 10:00 to 13:00 and the afternoon class is from 14:00 to 17:00.
We are looking for a confident, dedicated, and passionate teacher. Candidates must have a university degree and two years of experience (ideally working with elementary students in Japan).
The current position is for a vacancy at our Shukugawa campus which is located near:
- Kurakuen-guchi station on the Hankyu Koyo line
- Shukugawa station on the Hankyu Kobe line.
The first day of classes will be October 1st with online training completed before the first class.
Online training will take place prior to the start of the position. The teacher will be paid for their time during training.
- 10,000 yen per 3-hour class, 20,000 per day (there are 2 classes per day).
- With 4 or 5 Saturdays in a month, the wage averages 80,000 ~ 100,000 per month.
- Transportation is fully reimbursed.
- Resumes will be screened to check that the minimum requirements are met.
- Candidates will be contacted to arrange a first-round Zoom interview.
- Following the first round of interviews, candidates will be short-listed for the second round of interviews, which will include a trial lesson at the Shukugawa campus.
- Prior to the second-round interview, candidates will be asked to email a copy of their residence cards, passports, copies of qualifications, and letters of reference.
- Following the trial lessons, a final decision will be made.
We look forward to receiving your application.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2022 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.