Aoba Japan International School Meguro Campus is looking for a full-time early years/kindergarten teacher as a maternity leave replacement from August 2022 to June 2023.
We are an International Baccalaureate (IB) school.
As part of the school’s teaching team, the teacher leads and manages all aspects of development; delivery, evaluation, ongoing improvement, promotion and school community involvement related to classroom teaching and associated duties.
As a member of the PYP, the Teacher is expected to:
1. Employ a transdisciplinary pedagogy, deliberately and consistently making meaningful connections between, across and beyond subjects to support the understanding of real-world issues.
2. Implement the school’s pedagogical framework by planning/selecting strategies to best support the process of inquiry.
3. Foster the development of assessment capability among all members of the learning community
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Certified teacher with undergraduate and/or postgraduate qualification in appropriate field(s)
- Effective inquiry pedagogy and communication skills
- Demonstrated competency to work effectively in a team
- Demonstrated high-level teaching skills within the early years context
- Demonstrated competency to innovate and solve problems in collaboration with others
- Demonstrated competency for timely, flexible and empathetic responsiveness
- Current and operational Blended Learning skills
- Experience working in international schools
- IB- PYP experience would be an advantage
© 2022 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.