Kids Duo Shugakuin is currently looking for passionate and enthusiastic teachers to join our team!
■Who We Are
Kids Duo Shugakuin is franchise operated by NKD a stable company 2017, in partnership with Yaruki Switch Group.
Yaruki Switch Group is the 2nd largest private education group in Japan, comprised of 7 total brands with more than 2,000 directly owned and franchise-managed schools nationwide.
■ What We Offer
• Starting monthly salary of ￥250,000
• Work-related commuting costs fully reimbursed
• 10 paid days of leave / year (after 6 months of employment), in addition to national holidays
• Fully-paid comprehensive initial training
• Social Security & Health Insurance
• Visa sponsorship and renewal support
• Contract Renewal Bonus(100,000 once a year)
■ Our Teaching Style
Kids Duo focuses on fostering students’ confidence and enthusiasm in English via interactive games and activities. Our motto is “Play in English, Learn in English,” and with this mentality in mind we strive to create a fun, safe, and comfortable environment in which our students learn usable, real life English.
Kids Duo teachers take turns leading and supporting a variety of highly active games and activities, including Arts & Crafts, Music & Dance, Social Studies, Outdoor programs, etc. While a set curriculum and lesson plans for main activities are provided, teachers are expected to grow and expand on these foundations with their own unique and original games and lesson ideas; allowing ample creative freedom to personalize your teaching approach and inject passion and enthusiasm into your class.
In order to succeed as a Kids Duo teacher, applicants must be outgoing, extroverted, and able to maintain the level of enthusiasm and energy necessary to fulfill the highly active nature of the role. The engagement and enthusiasm of your students depends on the level of energy you exhibit in your class! Kids Duo teachers must also be ready to think on their feet, improvise, and consistently adapt to the unexpected. Being organized and flexible are also important skills to be able to succeed in this fast-paced and challenging work environment.
No prior professional teaching experience is required, but experience interacting with children ages 3-12 is a plus (this includes volunteer, coaching, summer camps, and babysitting experience!) Our robust training program equips you with the skills and knowledge necessary to conduct our lessons and programs, but entering the position with knowledge of how to relate to and engage with young learners - particularly in groups – will be a huge advantage to your success early on.
■ Job Requirements
• Regular working hours fall within the hours of 11:00-20:00, Monday through Friday.
Shifts are 9 hours per day (including 1-hour lunch break).
• Lead and support activities of both large and small groups of students aged 3 to 12
• Supervise and maintain the safety & wellbeing of students, model proper behavior and teach fundamental social skills
• Participate in occasional special events held on weekends/holidays (typically once per month)
• Must hold at least a 2-Year Associates Degree OR Valid Working Visa
■ Application Process
• Application Submitted
• Screening Process (5-10 business days) *
• Official Offer of Position
• On-Boarding / Visa Support (if necessary)
• Initial Training & Placement
* Note: While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
© 2022 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.