Part-Time Mate: English Teacher/Conversation Facilitator
Do you love music? Photography? Travel? Fitness? Games? Video? Whatever your passion, bring it. Because sharing what you love through LanCul services sparks others to pursue their own passions. And that’s why we’re continuously reinventing the LanCul experience: to open up all kinds of potential for our members — and you.
We are looking for motivated people with strong English skills and a desire to share their language and culture with a wide range of Japanese customers in a relaxed and casual conversation café setting. No suits required!
• An articulate and fluent English speaker (can be non-native).
• Open-minded and outgoing, able to lead a conversation on various topics.
• Able to interact and engage with various kinds of people.
• Reliable and punctual with a strong sense of responsibility.
• Open to new ideas and able to work in an innovative environment.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Work Visa valid for at least 6 months.
• Must have a working smart phone with a data plan.
• Must be available for in-person interviews in Osaka, Tokyo.
▼ Position Details and Responsibilities:
The Mate will provide a platform for the members to share their experiences by facilitating a group conversation. Our Mates' main duties are to lead conversations between small groups in English. We have a wide range of customers, requiring the mate to be comfortable conversing with a variety of personalities and perspectives. LanCul accommodates a wide age range of members, and mates are expected to engage everyone at the table.
We are more interested more in your communication skills than formal teaching qualifications, so students and those lacking experience are encouraged to apply.
*Successful applicants are expected to work a minimum of 3 shifts/week.
▼ Compensation & Incentives
The starting salary for a Part-Time Mate is at least 1,020 yen per hour.
Salary can be increased at regular intervals, based on time and performance; up to 1,500 yen per hour.
In addition, LanCul offers an attractive and flexible incentive system:
• With your commitment to the schedule and many members joining your sessions you can receive 3,000; 5,000 or 10,000 yen incentive.
• Joining LanCul international parties will net you 2,000 yen per party (possible twice every month; currently on hold because of pandemic restrictions).
• Being active and engaging in our social media community can earn you incentives of 3,000 and 2,000 yen
• Referral bonus: If we hire someone you recommend to LanCul, you will receive a bonus of 5,000 yen (for part-time) and 10,000 (full-time).
• Transportation allowance of 10,000 yen/month.
• Visa sponsorship possible with commitment to the company!
• Free food and drink at parties. :)
Please note that this position will require you to work at multiple branches in Osaka or Yokohama and Tokyo. Our Mates are assigned a team according to their home address.
*Visa support opportunities are also available if you work longer with us.
▼ About Us
Our company's aim is to create a community of confident English speakers through language and cultural exchange. Our purpose is to open people's minds to the rich diversity in language and culture. We aim to create a community through the exchange of values and ideas to promote diversity and openness. By encouraging all LanCul employees to question the status quo and think outside the box, we will continue to grow and become a leading brand in the industry.
In order to achieve this, we work passionately and act with honesty. We cherish our relationships with every customer and aim to provide a wholesome and safe environment for language and cultural exchange.
LanCul has been in the English Cafe business since 2012 and has expanded to over a dozen branches across Tokyo, Yokohama and Osaka.
We would also like to ask you to please include at least two professional references complete with telephone numbers, email addresses, and their affiliates.
Your application will be reviewed by our recruiting team and all successful candidates will be contacted directly. Thank you for applying to LanCul and we look forward to hearing from you!
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2022 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.