AIC Kids is expanding to more branches, so we're looking for a new teacher!
AIC Kids was established in 2014 and we are constantly expanding our business. Due to this an exciting new opportunity has become available at our new branch in Otsu City, Seta Ekimae.
We are looking for an enthusiastic teacher who is passionate about helping students to achieve their goals, is flexible, and can work as part of a team. At AIC Kids we teach English in an all-English setting. This immersion environment helps set us apart from other English conversation schools. Our students take the Eiken test in order to mark their progress, so our curriculum is partially geared toward helping them achieve their desired level. To this end, we are looking for someone with the knowledge and ability to help students towards their Eiken goals by supporting them in the reading, listening, writing and speaking aspects of the test.
Our program is intensive but fun, with teachers being responsible for planning and delivering lessons, therefore we are looking for someone who is confident in the classroom, can motivate young learners, and is knowledgeable about teaching pedagogy.
Work days and hours: Tue - Sat
Weekdays 1:30-9:00pm or 2:00-9:30pm (including one hour break)
Saturdays 9:00am-7:00pm (including one hour break)
Location: Seta Ekimae, Otsu City
Contract start date: Mid-July
Contract term: One year (renewable yearly)
Salary: 280,000yen per month
Transportation costs covered: TBC
Insurance: Social, Health, Pension, Unemployment
Details of training will be discussed in the final round of interviews (it may not follow our usual plan due to the effects of COVID-19)
Japanese ability is a plus, but not a prerequisite.
Applicants should submit their CV/resume outlining their teaching experience, education, and work history, along with a covering letter outlining their teaching philosophy, reasons for applying, and suitability for the position. In the covering letter, please also detail how you would address one of the below scenarios in the covering letter:
A) Motivating a student who has become demotivated due to not achieving their Eiken goals
B) Dealing with a class where there are minor discipline issues e.g. a child constantly talks in class and doesn’t respond to instructions
C) An activity that did not go as you expected that you reflected on and improved
Contact details of two referees must also be provided.
Only successfully screened candidates will be contacted for an online interview and asked to submit a lesson plan.
1) Resumes will be screened to see that candidates meet our minimum requirements.
2) Successful candidates will be contacted to arrange a first-round interview via Zoom. Candidates will be asked to provide a reference letter at this time.
3) Following first-round interviews, candidates will be short-listed and invited to a second-round interview. Candidates may be asked to deliver a demonstration lesson based on their lesson plan: The demo lesson is much less a demo and more of a lesson plan walk-through. We would like to simply see how you structure a lesson and talk about why/how things may or may not go to expectations.
4) Following the second-round interviews, a decision will be made within a few days.
5) Successful candidates will be contacted and go on to the final step, which would be the final interview with a franchise owner.
6) Candidates will be notified of acceptance or rejection, and contracts will be provided to the successful candidate.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2022 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.