K. International School Tokyo (KIST) is seeking Learning Support Instructors for the 2022-2023 academic year, commencing August 2022, to join its Elementary School team to support students in developing their academic skills in readiness for higher level curriculum programs. The instructors are expected to work collaboratively with classroom and subject teachers to plan and implement activities within the guidelines of the International Baccalaureate's Primary Years Programme (PYP) curriculum framework.
The main duties of Learning Support Instructors include:
- Providing support in the planning and implementation of educational programs for students, and in the assessment of and reporting on student progress and achievement.
- Assisting in organizing the learning environment and support systems necessary to promote effective student learning and personal development.
- Contributing collaboratively to maintaining smooth classroom operations by assisting with various administrative tasks.
- Working with students individually or in small groups to support skill development and conceptual understanding.
- Assessing the English language level of prospective students.
- Providing instruction to students during the annual summer academic programs.
- Assisting with the planning and organization of class/grade and annual school events.
- Performing general student supervisory duties and other general duties as requested.
Applications will be accepted from persons from any national background; however, advanced proficiency in English is essential. Applicants should have strong interpersonal and communication skills and a proven capacity to work collaboratively with colleagues. In addition, applicants should have a genuine interest in children and should be patient and flexible. IT skills are also essential.
These are local hire positions. Applications will only be accepted from persons currently living in Japan or those who have made firm arrangements to move to Japan. Relocation and housing allowances are not provided.
The initial contract period commences in August 2022 and continues through late June 2023. An opportunity for annual contract renewal may be provided depending on appraised work performance and school needs.
Working hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with 60 minutes break, Monday through Friday. A number of Saturdays are also scheduled as mandatory work days throughout the year for annual school events (working hours may vary). Attendance at a number of evening events during the year may also be required.
Other benefits in addition to the monthly salary include:
- Reimbursement for commuter travel up to a maximum of 25,000 per month.
- Annual paid leave (as allocated by the school during school vacation periods).
- Annual personal leave (available after the initial three months).
- Special summer vacation leave of approximately 4 weeks.
- Summer program bonus.
- Health insurance and unemployment insurance.
- Meals subsidy.
Applications should contain:
1) A cover letter in English outlining experience related to the position and explaining the specific aspects of KIST that interest you.
2) A complete work resume in English, including details of qualifications and relevant experience.
3) The names and contact details (e-mail preferred) for at least two recent professional references, including the most recent supervisor.
4) A recent photograph.
5) Details of visa status and expiry (for non-Japanese nationals).
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2022 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.