<Nissait English School? What’s that?>
Nissait English School has been around since 1973 and we used that time to find the best way to teach children how to use practical English. Our goal and our mission is to show our students how fun it is to use English and how many amazing doors can it open for them. We believe that our passion for teaching is contagious and we’re looking for a teacher who shares that view and will enrich our team with their skills and personality. If you enjoy a close-knit environment and a friendly, open atmosphere, you might have just found the best job for you!
<How does the magic happen?>
Over the years, we developed a unique teaching style, based on a close cooperation between the native teachers and Japanese coordinators. We want the children to learn English by watching someone using the language and then trying to use it by themselves.
By planning the lessons with your coordinator daily and building your lessons around our carefully-designed curriculum, you’ll get a chance to enhance the lessons with your own style and personality. Our school is proud to tutor a lot of students for many years, so we love to see them getting attached to their teachers and feeling comfortable to use English the best they can, with coordinators helping them to respond to the native teachers.
We believe that the best way to get better at speaking English is to use it outside the classroom, so we organize a bunch of special events throughout the year, such as the Christmas Party, Halloween Events and annual day trips. This year, we went to the Safari Adventure in Gunma and the children loved it! You can find us on YouTube and Instagram to get a clearer idea of what we’re doing here. Does it sound good? Of course it does!
<Join our international team!>
At Nissait, we believe that your place of birth doesn’t automatically make you a great teacher, so we welcome teachers from all over the world, as long as you can speak Native-level English. During our 49 years of existence (yes, we were here when the dinosaurs ruled the Earth), we worked with various nationalities and people from all walks of life, which helped us to create an open working space, full of individuals and passionate teachers. We can’t wait to hear your story!
<What can we offer you?>
Due to the world’s current pandemic situation (ever heard of COVID?), the position was offered to candidates already residing in Japan, but now, as the circumstances are getting better, applicants living overseas will also be considered. A proper visa is required, but if you decide that Nissait is a place for you, we will be more than happy to renew or provide your visa. At Nissait, we can offer you an opportunity to expand your teaching abilities through our school’s environment and experience the lifestyle here in Japan. Our staff is friendly and our schools have a warm, homey feeling to them. But also:
• Monthly meetings during which you can bring your ideas to the table and share them with the rest of the team;
• Everlasting growth as a teacher – we believe that a good teacher should never stop learning, so we try to help each other by sharing experiences during the Native Teachers Meetings;
• An opportunity to enjoy the bustling city of Tokyo – you’ll be teaching a real group lessons at the Ikebukuro school, just a 3 minutes’ walk from the station, dangerously close to Mister Donut;
• We can help you on your quest to find the apartment if you need it, should you need to relocate;
• If you feel like you want to earn something extra, there’s a flexible online lessons system we can introduce you to, out of your regular working hours;
• A full-time position – you’ll be working 5 days a week (Tuesday-Saturday), 40 hours in total, up to 28 lessons max, with Sundays and Mondays off;
• A chance to develop and improve your computer skills while delivering some of the lessons online;
• After 6 months, you’ll get 10 days of paid holidays and 10 days of seasonal holidays a year;
• We will cover your travel expenses up to 30,000 yen per month and provide you with an annual health checkup & flu vaccination;
• After 6 months, you can expect some Christmas bonuses and you become eligible for bonuses based on your performance;
• Something to do – apart from teaching, your 40 hours week is made of planning, preparing special events for our students, some crafts and keeping your working spaces nice and tidy;
• A chance to teach students of all ages – there will be songs for the beginners and vigorous debates for the advanced. If you stay with us longer, you can get a chance to watch them grow and becoming more and more fluent in English thanks to you!
<What can you offer us?>
Do you ever wake up feeling that you were born to be a teacher? Or do you know you were, because you’re already rocking it? Contact us either way! We are looking for a positive person, who is eager to learn our philosophy and our way of teaching. We are very proud of our curriculum and over the years (a lot of years!), it proved to be a successful and effective one, so we want someone who will be able to use its full potential and inspire the students to study English. Does it sound like you? Not sure?
•Your amazing teaching skills – we will give you the tools, but it’s up to you to make them shine during the fun-crafted lessons;
•Commitment – at least one year, 100% commitment, but we hope you’ll stay with us for longer;
•Passion for teaching – if you are a person with a positive attitude and you’re eager to learn our ways, look no further;
•For visa purposes, we need you to have a Bachelor degree. Please note, that you need to already be in possession of a working visa while applying;
•Some experience at teaching is welcome but not absolutely necessary – some people are just cut out for this line of work, so first and foremost, we need a teacher with the ability and desire to work with children;
•A team player – we are looking for someone who is flexible to new ideas and finds our teaching model fitting to their teaching style;
•Availability to start from August but we would like to offer you training in July;
•A 10-minutes long DEMO lesson for a 5-year old student that you’ll be able to present to us during the online interview.
<What are you waiting for?>
If you see yourself as the new teacher at Nissait English School, please send us a cover letter, with the first paragraph containing the word “banana”, along with your current resume and photo. Reference letters are also very welcome. After the online interview with the Managers, you will get an additional, one on one session with the school’s Head Teacher, when you can ask questions to your heart’s content. If we think that you meet all those requirements, we will be very happy to contact you back! See you soon (we hope)!
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2022 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.