We are looking for a motivated professional willing to contribute to the internationalization and business development process of a dynamic Japanese intellectual property law firm.
What you'll be doing:
Develop business opportunities and increase clients:
- Conceptualize and implement new strategies for business development;
- Prospect and identify new client and key marketing/advertising partners;
- Negotiate, implement and manage the closing of new business; and
- Organize business trips and attend conferences to find new clients.
Client relations management:
- Facilite communication between international client companies and our firm;
- Discuss complex technical and legal issues arising from Japanese IP law with our clients both orally and in writing;
- Monitor client relationships;
- Review internal procedures so that they are in line with clients' needs and strategies;
- Negotiate with clients for services and fees;
- Draft IP related newsletters and presentations;
- Study IP laws of different jurisdictions;
- Organize/participate in Japanese IP law seminars for international clients; and
- Maintaining client database.
The ideal candidate will have the following profile:
✓ University degree
✓ Background in IP or law is preferable (admission to the bar not required).
✓ Creative mindset with the ability to conceptualize and implement new ideas to improve our business.
✓ Organized, keen on details, independent, and motivated.
✓ Winning personality with excellent communication skills.
✓ Open-minded and willing to work with different people from various cultural
✓ Be willing and motivated to go on business trips outside of Japan.
Required language proficiency:
- English: Native or fluent Japanese: N3 or above
What's in it for you:
At Sonoda & Kobayashi, we recognize the value of our employees and engage them as true partners in running our business. We need your expertise and value your opinions. Come be a part of our team!
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.