【Teach English & Enjoy Cozy Country Living in Naka!】
We are now hiring for Assistant Language Teacher positions in Naka City, Ibaraki Prefecture. These positions begin from April 2023 in a pleasant city between Hitachi and Mito cities. We are accepting applications now, so apply today! If you're interested in relocating to the Ibaraki area, we can assist you. Please read on for more information!
Assistant Language Teachers (ALTs) work alongside Japanese teachers to make English lessons fun and engaging for the students. Practicing grammar and vocabulary, participating in games and activities to reinforce the lesson’s goals and communicating with students both inside and outside of the classroom are all part of a day’s work for ALTs.
*If you have prior teaching experience in Japan (especially at public ES and/or JHS) your application will get special consideration.
● Location: Naka City, Ibaraki Prefecture
● Contract Period: April 2023 to March 2024
● Contract Type: Full-time
● Level: Elementary and junior highschools
● Working Hours: Between 8:00 to 16:00 (actual working time: 6 hours)
● Salary Range: Between 220,000 yen to 247,000 yen / month
● These positions include enrollment in Social Insurance
All successful candidates must possess the following:
● Already be living in Japan and hold a valid visa permitting work (we are unable to accept Tourist/Temporary visas)
● University graduate holding Bachelor's degree or equivalent
● Have had a minimum of 12 years of education where the main language of instruction in all classes was English (Native-level English proficiency)
● Conversational Japanese abilities and proactive in communicating with teachers
● Are in good health and able to fulfill the contract (until March 2024)
● Enthusiastic about teaching English & can conduct lessons in a professional manner
● Highly motivated, outgoing and friendly; able to proactively share ideas and communicate fully with other teachers
● Prior experience with teaching English or equivalent
Being an ALT lets you work regular school hours on weekdays, leaving your evenings and weekends free. National holidays and school vacation periods are all yours to enjoy. But that’s just the beginning. ALTs with Borderlink enjoy:
● Assistance with visa sponsorship/renewal
● Continual Paid Training (both before starting and annually during your time with us)
● Access to teaching materials including worksheets and flashcards
● Help with relocation & finding housing if you’re looking to move
● Round-the-clock support for your work/life needs
● Paid holidays (as stipulated by the contract)
● Successful candidates are given priority for future positions (based on evaluation)
● Prior to starting, ALTs will be provided a yearly calendar of working days which will help manage their other commitments
【About Naka City (茨城県那珂市)】
Naka City is located in north-central Ibaraki Prefecture. The Naka and Kuji rivers flow along the edge of the city where it borders its neighbots such as Hitachiota and Mito. The JR Suigun Line runs through the city and splits in two directions to the north. To really get around Naka, use of a car or bicycle are recommeded. Local attractions include the Ibaraki Botanical Garden, Kiuchi Brewery, Kasamatsu Park and Stadium, Shizumine Furusato Park and Shizu Shrine. Naka has nine public elementary schools and five public middle schools; many positions in this city will have you working at just one or two schools, making for an easy work week schedule. A comfortably and cozy countryside city, Naka is a great place to call home this year.
We are accepting applications now! We screen every application ourselves and conduct Skype interviews regularly throughout the week. Applicants from all over Japan are welcome, and we can provide help finding housing to those looking to move.
Borderlink is the fastest-growing ALT dispatch company in Japan, and as we grow we seek to revolutionize not only the way English is taught, but the way ALTs are supported. We’re waiting to hear from you, so please apply today! And thank you for your interest in working with Borderlink!
*Please note that as we receive a high number of applicants, only those who pass the initial screening will be contacted for an interview.
*If you previously worked with Borderlink, your application process can be expedited after evaluation.*
Last modified on May 29, 2023
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2023 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.