Kids Duo International in Kanagawa area is currently looking for passionate and enthusiastic teachers to join our team!
Successful candidates will be placed at one of the following schools:
■ What We Offer
• Starting monthly salary of ￥250,000 ~ ￥270,000
• Pay raise & career advancement opportunities available based on performance
• Renewal bonus of ￥100,000 upon successful completion and re-signing of 1 year contract
• 10 paid days of leave / year (after 6 months of employment), in addition to national holidays
• Fully-paid comprehensive initial training included, in addition to regular training workshops throughout the year
• All work-related commuting costs reimbursed
• Social Security & Health Insurance provided
• Visa sponsorship and renewal support available
* Some contract details may vary depending on location.
■ Our Teaching Style
Kids Duo International is a state-of-the-art bilingual kindergarten with a fully tailored curriculum of English, Japanese and Physical Education. Our programs are designed to nurture children's confidence and motivation, and prepare them for a lifetime of learning and success!
Kids Duo International teachers can expect to cover a broad variety of English subjects such as Reading & Writing, Phonics, Songs & Chants, Arts & Crafts, and Show & Tell with classes of 24-30 students aged 2-6. Our students also participate in a plethora of Japanese-language classes & activities as well, including Music, Vocational Role-play, and our expansive Physical Education program, the aptly named (and student-favorite) “Ninja Class.” Native English instructors accompany their students throughout all of these programs, and are encouraged to participate as well!
Working hours will be between 7:30~20:00, Monday-Friday (occasional special events also held on weekends as well). Teachers may also be asked to work paid overtime in mornings and evenings, if able.
■ Main Duties and Responsibilities
Overall Duties as a Kindergarten Teacher:
• Communicating with Japanese teachers (using a bilingual teacher if necessary)
• Teaching students manners, proper behavior and basic life skills
• Actively interacting with students throughout the day
• Actively participating in sports class and outdoor play
• Assisting Japanese teachers in their classes
• Assisting with toilet training
• Preparation for/ Participating in school events (Field trips, Summer Festival, Sports Day, Halloween, Christmas, Music Festival, etc.)
• Enthusiastic participation in front of students and parents on school event days (dancing, singing, putting on a play, competing in sports events, etc.
English Teaching Duties:
• Teaching English classes
• Managing a classroom of up to 30 students (ages 2 to 6)
• Preparing weekly lesson plans
• Regularly evaluates student progress
• Ensuring students reach English goals
• Finding time to look for new activities, games, songs, etc.
• Marking student workbooks
• Writing weekly comments for each student
• Preparing report cards for each student (twice a year)
※Teachers hired when all main teacher positions are filled will team teach and cover for absent teachers.
• Cleaning the classroom and common areas (including bathrooms)
• Working on company and school event days (designated Saturdays, Sundays or national holidays throughout the year)
• Working morning or evening extended childcare hours when necessary (7:30-8:30 or 17:30-20:00)
• Preparing/wearing a proper Halloween costume to match classroom theme (each classroom decides their theme)
• Preparing/wearing a traditional Japanese outfit (Yukata, jinbei) for Summer Festival (school event)
■ Application Process
• Application Submitted
• Screening Process (5-10 business days) *
• 1st Interview (Online)
• Introduction to School & 2nd Interview (In-Person/Online)
• Official Offer of Position
• On-Boarding / Visa Support (if necessary)
• Initial Training & School Placement
■ Who We Are
Yaruki Switch Group is the largest private education group in Japan, comprised of 7 total brands with more than 2,000 directly owned and franchise-managed schools nationwide. Leveraging 30+ years of industry experience, our English language schools – Kids Duo, WinBe, Kids Duo International, and i Kids Star – are specifically tailored for young learners, with a focus on teaching through fun, hands-on activities and exposure to practical, usable English!
* Note: While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Last modified on 2023年2月13日
© 2023 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.