Sports Travel & Hospitality (STH) Japan is the leading provider of premium sports hospitality in Japan. We are the exclusive provider of sports hospitality for the Rugby World Cup 2019 and the global exclusive provider of Tokyo 2020 Olympic in Venue hospitality packages.
This is an exciting platform to evolve the sport and hospitality industry in Japan.
Join STH to create unforgettable memories and live a unique professional experience!
TITLE OF POSITION:
Head of Business Development
• Reports to: Commercial Director
• Internal stakeholders: Senior STH Japan Management and Heads of Department, STH UK
• External stakeholders: Sports and Entertainment rights holders such as sporting associations and governing bodies. Other important stakeholders include Local Governmental Agencies and Representatives, STH Japan Partners, Suppliers and guests from existing projects.
▪ Proactively engage sport rights holders and federations to unearth opportunities for STH Japan
▪ Proactively network in the sports industry to highlight the STH Japan objectives
▪ Support the process of compilation of bid submissions
▪ Act as an internal point of contact during the bid process ensuring a continuous dialogue with internal stakeholders and prompt response to requests for clarification and provision of further information
▪ Develop and monitor detailed project time plans to ensure all bid work streams are executed in a
▪ Assist with the evaluation of opportunities and apply rigorous risk assessment commensurate with
potential bid value.
▪ Adopt a commercial mentality to challenge inputs and assumptions; to balance competitiveness with operational deliverability
▪ Ensure the financial viability of the bid by working with the nominated finance lead to input into modeling activity for each proposal
▪ Obtain proposal content required by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs; studying requests for proposal; planning and attending strategy meetings with key contributors and internal stakeholders
▪ Manage the compliance of the bid process ensuring that clear, defined governance steps are achieved at each stage of the bidding process
▪ Assist in the creation of materials for the Commercial Director to utilize when engaging with rights holders or new business prospects on behalf of STH Group
Essential knowledge and skills:
▪ Proactively research and scan the market, industry reports and review tender alerts to identify, challenge and assess potential new business opportunities
▪ Undertake post bid submission win/loss reviews for lessons learned
▪ Maintain operating procedures and seek process improvement
▪ Effective and experienced project manager used to deal with tight deadlines and technically complex, high-value bid proposals.
▪ Consultative skills necessary for the development of bid solutions to meet business requirements and drive complex solutions.
▪ Ability to construct persuasive arguments and make recommendations to a variety of audiences via excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
▪ Experience in negotiating rights contracts with a preference for sport-related deals
▪ Broad international experience, used to working in a global environment.
▪ Experience of writing reports, business cases and other pieces of high-quality business writing.
▪ Strong numeracy skills – including the ability to review and challenge financial costing’s.
▪ Able to handle large amounts of data and content from a wide variety of sources and produce consistent, high-quality output.
▪ Experience of working in sports, travel, and hospitality preferred
▪ Proficient IT skills: ability to use in-house software– predominately Microsoft Office programmes to
an advanced level (particularly MS PowerPoint, MS Excel and MS Word).
THE SUCCESSFUL PROFILE
Fluent in Japanese and English – preferably bi-cultural
• Outstanding communication skills - both oral and written
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Familiarity with using technology for translation / interpretation
• Strong administrative and organization skills
• Good interpersonal skills (team player)
• Excellent time keeping and ability to meet deadlines
• Able to work calmly under pressure
• Meticulous – attention to detail
• Proactive and adaptable
An interest in sports is important.
By 2020, STH Japan will be recognized for establishing a new way of enjoying premium spectator experiences and helping customers cultivate positive and valuable relationships through sports hospitality.
We hope you will consider joining our team!
© 2019 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.