We're looking for someone with native-level English fluency to become a full-time Japanese to English translator and copy editor. You'll be translating and checking articles on all aspects of Japan, especially travel and culture, that will eventually be read by a native English audience.
• Japanese to English translation
• English proofreading
• Ensuring that all work abides by regulations
Sub-tasks (should the need arise):
• Helping out with the creation of original articles and videos
• Giving input on overseas trends and markets
• Salary starts from 230,000 yen
• Office hours are from 10:00 AM - 6:30 PM, with weekends and holidays off (we have somewhat flexible working times, so feel free to discuss this with us)
• Transportation is paid up to 15,000 yen
• Visa sponsorship is available for those who need it
• Social health insurance (社会保険) is provided
• JLPT N2 or above Japanese skills (you don't need to have taken the test to apply)
• Native-level English (you don't have to be from a native English-speaking country to apply)
• Possess great writing skills in English
• Someone who pays attention to fine details and is patient
• Can work well in a team setting
• Has knowledge of digital marketing and SEO techniques
• Familiar with photo and/or video editing software and has the skills to use them in a professional setting
• Has experience in running their own blogs/YouTube channel/Instagram/Twitter/etc. (beyond simply posting, has actually amassed a bit of a following)
1) You apply
2) We contact suitable candidates within 1 week of their application
3) We conduct a trial translation test to check your Japanese and English abilities (1 hour, done online)
4) We arrange an interview, either through Skype or face-to-face (30-40 minutes)
5) We will deliver the result within 2 weeks of the trial test
We manage tsunaguJapan, a website that delivers information on Japanese tourism and culture to the rest of the world. We are currently looking to expand, and have a multinational workforce consisting of employees from the United States, Germany, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam, South Korea, and so on.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.