Students begin to wiggle with anticipation as the young presenter standing at the front of the class finishes describing their show and tell to the group. You ask the class, "I know you are all excited to take turns looking at the item that Yuta brought today. Before we start, can you remind me what kind of hands we use?" The class responds in chorus, "Gentle hands!" The wooden train is passed from student to student as they take a moment to inspect the toy. As it is returned to the owner, you ask the class, "Does anyone have any questions or comments?" Eager hands immediately shoot up. Asking a student in the front row, they ask, "Where did you get it?" Curious heads nod in agreement. As the presenter answers questions from his classmates, you can see his confidence growing. When questions and answers are finished, you thank Yuta for bringing in something so important to share, thank the students for their questions and comments, and get ready for the next part of the day.
Established in 1985, Tokyo International School Group (TISG) runs Tokyo International School Afterschool (TISAS), Tokyo International School Kindergarten (TISKG) and Tokyo International School Learning Through English (TISLTE) at our Nakameguro, Minami Azabu, Komazawa, and Gakugeidaigakku model school campuses in Tokyo. We also have a model school in Hyogo and franchise campuses based in Tokyo, Sapporo, Yamanashi, and Fukuoka.
Tokyo International School Kindergarten (TISKG) is a three-year international kindergarten program that provides an immersion environment (children must attend at least 3 days per week) for non-native English-speaking children. Students attend classes from 9:15 am until 2:00 pm. The first year of this program is an immersion focus where the aim is to build a solid base of communicative ability. In the second year, the students are introduced to the inquiry learning model and this style of learning is further reinforced in the third year. The maximum number of students per class is 14.
We are currently looking to hire teachers who will join a team of other full-time Kindergarten teachers at our Naka Meguro and Gakugeidaigakku model school campuses from the start of the new school year.
- The workweek is Monday to Friday.
- Paid vacation days are every Saturday and Sunday, public holidays, one week during summer, two weeks in winter, and five days of flexible leave.
- The daily work schedule is 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (7 hours + 1 hour break).
- It must be mentioned that the Teacher is expected to put in the hours necessary to provide students with a learning experience of the highest possible quality.
- We are looking for a confident, dedicated, and passionate teacher.
- Candidates must have a university degree and two years of experience (ideally working with kindergarten students in Japan, preferably at an immersion school).
- Our Nakameguro school is located near Naka Meguro station on the Toyoko and Hibiya lines.
- Our Gakugeidaigakku school is located near Gakugeidaigakku station on the Toyoko line.
April 3rd, 2023.
- The starting wage will be 290,000 per month.
- Wage growth from the second contract is possible based on performance.
- Transportation will be reimbursed.
- All full-time employees with be enrolled in the Japanese social insurance program (Shakai Hoken).
- We will screen resumes to check that the minimum requirements are met.
- Candidates will be contacted to arrange online interviews.
- Following the first round of interviews, candidates will be short-listed for a second round of interviews, which will include a trial lesson.
- Candidates will be asked to bring their residence cards, passports, copies of qualifications and letters of reference when attending the trial lesson.
- At the completion of the second round of interviews, a decision will be made.
- Once that final decision has been made, we will contact all candidates to inform them of the decision.
- The successful candidate will then meet with us again to sign employment documentation.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Last modified on February 26, 2023
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2023 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.