Job title: Bilingual research/lab Assistant
The Director of the Intelligent Blockchain+ Innovation Research Center (IB+IRC) at Kwansei Gakuin University - Sanda Campus.
As the bilingual research/lab assistant to the Intelligent Blockchain+ Innovation Research Center of Kwansei Gakuin University, the successful candidate responsibilities will include: Technical writing/proofreading, technical event organization, calendar administration, budgeting and equipment purchasing & accounting, trip organization, interaction with other researchers in Japan, Europe and US via email. SNS, website & blog administration, but most importantly library/web search and research on relevant Blockchain, IoT and AI articles. This is a part-time or full-time position for 20 to 40 hours per week for up to 2.5 years. The successful candidate will enjoy a flexible work schedule between 8 A.M. and 6 P.M.
Other responsibilities and Duties include
* Interacting with administrative staff at the School of Policy Studies, the Division for Research Development and Outreach and submitting forms in a timely manner.
* Managing day-to-day agenda and scheduling for the research center.
* Monitoring and replying to email in both Japanese and English.
* Ordering and managing research related equipment.
* Keeping track of research budgets.
* Making and managing trip reservations.
In order to be successful, the executive assistant will need to be either be native in English and have achieved JPLT N1-level Japanese proficiency or equivalent. Since the IB+IRC is also involved in a joint international research effort with at least 22 institutions throughout Europe and some in the U.S., the successful candidate will need to be proficient in reading and writing English. Strong organizational skills are a must.
Other qualifications include:
* Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel or Google Docs and Sheets
* Some experience in working in an office or academic environment is preferred.
* Undergraduate or equivalent level education required. Some graduate education is preferred.
* Be able to type more than 40 words per minute.
* Note taking and proofreading skills.
* Pleasant outgoing personality to interact with students, researchers, and office personnel.
* No specific age, gender or physical abilities are required other than those described above.
Compensation: 1,200 yen to 1,500 yen per hour, depending on experience.
Commuting: Commuting expenses paid within reason.
Start date: As soon as possible.
Please apply today!
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.