Your growth is our growth!
Rosetta Stone Learning Center is an industry leader in employee satisfaction.
In addition to the Rosetta Stone Learning Center brand, which focuses on teaching conversation, we also run the Hummingbird brand, which focuses on pronunciation. We are currently seeking part-time teachers to join our team teaching both pronunciation and English conversation lessons, online and in our branches.
Hummingbird is a method of pronunciation developed in the US to help Japanese people learn natural American pronunciation. Our method has been used for employee education by the Marine Corps and the Immigration Bureau, as well as as by educational institutions, companies and government agencies all over the world.
We have over 20 years of history and over 10,000 graduates who are now active in various countries including the USA and Japan.
We have schools in the Kanto area (Shinjuku, Ginza, and Ikebukuro), as well as in Kansai (Osaka, Kyoto and Sannomiya), and offer online lessons to students who do not live in these areas.
At Rosetta Stone Learning Center and Hummingbird we believe that the best customer service comes from having employees who are happy and well motivated in their jobs. Our focus on employee development enables motivated and dedicated instructors to not only excel in the classroom, but also have the opportunity to further develop their careers in the fields of curriculum development, operations management, training, quality control, HR, and IT.
Finally, as part of the Link and Motivation group of companies (ranked one of the top companies to work for in Japan: https://www.vorkers.com/award/), we believe that motivation is key to the success of students. We have a teaching and support system that emphasizes this, and our instructors and facilitators have the opportunity to play a leading role as “motivation engineers”. Apart from developing advanced teaching skills, you will also be gaining expertise that will be easily-transferable to any career path you decide to take in the future.
We are looking for the following types of teachers for our Hummingbird and Rosetta Stone lessons:
- Bachelor's degree or above
- At least 2 years’ experience teaching adult learners in groups or man-to-man
- Capable of teaching various types of lessons across multiple products as needed with the training provided
- Excellent lesson delivery skills
- Basic computer skills and good typing skills
- Flexible mindset and an interest in pronunciation methods
- A strong desire to motivate Japanese students to reach their language goals
- Perceptive and customer-oriented
- Desire and ability to learn and apply new information quickly
- Well-organised and able to follow a structured curriculum
Native Japanese speaker
- Good English speaking skills (TOEIC score of over 800)
- Experience living or studying overseas (at least 2 years’ experience)
Native English speaker
- Japanese proficiency (at least JLPT N3 or equivalent)
- Good understanding of Japanese learners
- Facilitating pronunciation lessons to groups of up to four Japanese adults (both online and branch-based lessons as needed)
- Teaching the Hummingbird method (explaining, demonstrating, coaching)
- Creating a fun, interactive atmosphere in the class
- Giving tips and study advice to students
- Supporting with student and curriculum administration
- Providing customer service
- Other tasks as necessary
Native Japanese speaker
- Teaching RSLC beginner level English lessons
Native English speaker
- Teaching RSLC English lessons at all levels (general, business, TOEIC, etc.)
- Salary (part-time): 106,000 - 257,000 yen per month.
- Working hours: between 12:30 - 21:30 on weekdays, 10:00 - 19:00 on weekends. (Please note that for this position, we will only consider candidates interested in submitting a minimum of 2 days or 16 hours of availability per week.)
Shifts range from a 3.5 hour shift with no breaks to a full shift of 8 hours and 20 minutes (including a one hour break).
- Branch locations: Shinjuku, Ginza, Ikebukuro
- Commuting expenses fully reimbursed
- Opportunities for promotion depending on performance
- Paid holiday entitlement (varies depending on shifts worked)
- Orientation and initial training, plus ongoing training program
If you are humble, willing to learn, flexible, and ready to join the RSLC team, please submit your application along with a cover letter stating your reasons for wanting to work with us.
Applicants who can start working as soon as possible will also be prioritised.
Please note that due to the volume of applications, we may not be able to respond to all emails or requests for information.
***Please use the application function on this website rather than contacting the schools directly as the staff there will not be able to process your application.***
For further information regarding our company and roles, please visit our website.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2021 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.