AIM Academy is currently looking for committed and motivated individuals to join our team! We are an all-English after-school academy located near Ishikawacho Station & Motomachi Chukagai Station in Yokohama.
Applicants will be teaching mathematics using materials that will be provided. The topics will follow the IB/GCSE curriculum. Most students are bi-cultural international school students and returnees. All lessons are taught in a 1-to-3 or 1-to-1 setting and entirely in English.
This part-time position is ideal for professionals and outstanding students with a passion for teaching and helping others reach their goals.
Classes are held Monday-Friday 15:30-20:00
Instructors usually come in to teach for around 2-4 hours a day but this may vary depending on the demand. Students come in on a set time/day every week so once the schedule for the trimester is decided, instructors can expect to work around a set schedule. Lessons vary between 1-2 hours each and you may have an hour or two between lessons where you are not teaching. We also have a number of students who come in for make-up lessons, so you can expect quite a lot of irregular lessons to be booked throughout the month.
(1000/hour during training session
2000/hour during first month of teaching)
Transportation will be compensated up to 1000 yen/day
- have strong interpersonal skills
- care about the student's learning and enjoyment throughout the lesson
- be able to develop a positive rapport with students through an energetic and supportive medium
- have an interest in personal growth
- be able to conduct structured yet exciting and high powered lessons
- be a team player and be ready to contribute to making the classroom a positive environment for both the students and teachers
- flexible to sudden changes and cancellations
- is a native or fluent speaker of English
- have a valid working VISA in Japan
- have prior teaching experience
Not necessary but preferred skills:
- knowledge or experience in International Schools and the IB program preferred
- English-Japanese Bilinguals preferred (English proficiency is a must)
If interested, please send your CV with a cover letter, photo and 3 references, and fill out the assessment in the link below:
Only those that pass the initial screening process will be notified.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2019 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.