Educational Network Inc. (E-Staff Tokyo) seeks educators to be placed as Language Teachers (ALTs) in schools across the Kanto area. Applicants for the available positions should be enthusiastic about teaching the English language to Japanese high school students and should have a desire to help them learn about the culture, customs and other points of interest of other countries.
This particular opening is only available to educators from European countries due to the geographical focus of the programme contents . The position involves teaching 29 students (approx. half boys and half girls) over three afternoons on December the 14th, 17th and 18th.
The position involves:
- Helping develop students' interest in studying English and learning about different cultures
- Helping students to practice speaking English for daily conversation and to learn to give opinions
- Teaching about aspects of European cultures and learning about differences with Japan
- Training for a 2-3 minute student speech on a social topic of their choice
- Overseeing student speech presentations using everything learned over the 3 days.
Speech presentation format of:
- Introduction- Point 1 (background information)- Point 2 (Opinion and supporting evidence)- Point 3 (Personal recommendation)- Conclusion.
Presentations should be delivered with cue cards,without reading their speeches from a paper.
Fixed salary, 3.5 hours x 3 days x 4,500 yen = 47,250 Yen (before tax)
Transportation fees reimbursed in full.
Dates and times:
2018/12/14 (Fri) , 17 (Mon), 18 (Tue) 13:00-16:30 (two 15 minute per breaks)
The closest train station is JR Kashiwa Station. (The school is about 20 mins by taxi from there)
-Must be a fluent speaker of English. (European national)
-Must be currently residing in the Kanto area and have a valid residence status that allows you to live and work in Japan. (Please don't apply if you don't satisfy this requirement)
-Must be able to work confidently within a Japanese work environment with tact, flexibility and
-Must be able to commit to all 3 days during the duration of the course.
In the case of applicants from non native English speaking countries, please submit your TOEIC / TOEFL score when you apply for this position.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
*Please note that in the case of a high number of applications we may not be able to respond in person to each and every candidate. We apologise for this and thank you for your understanding.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2018 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.