Overview: Kanda Gaigo Career College (KGCC) is seeking experienced part-time Business English instructors for our corporate training service division. As our clients demand the highest quality of business English training, interested candidates should be professionals with a focus on developing the English communication skills of their students.
Position: Business English Instructors (especially in Saitama, Kanagawa, Chiba, and Tokyo area)
Position type: Part-time (contract-based)
Period: Contract period varies from short-term intensive seminars to year-long courses.
There are many positions starting in Spring. Positions may open anytime throughout the year.
Work Hours: Course schedule may vary based on course arrangements and clients’ needs. Normally 60-90 minutes per lesson, 1-3 times a week, and assignments may be scheduled between 7:30 and 21:00, Monday through Saturday.
Location: Courses will be held at Kanda Gaigo Career College (KGCC) and/or at corporate/client locations in Tokyo, Chiba, Kanagawa, and Saitama.
Salary and benefits: In accordance with the pay scale determined and used in the program (starting from 3,500 – yen per hour) plus transportation to/from the teaching site.
Teaching Field: Business English
- Conducting business English programs for corporate training
- Making and following a syllabus and prepare materials
- Teaching classes of all levels (group/1-1)
- Writing reports under instruction from our office staff
- Managing administrative tasks including keeping and submitting attendance records, evaluating and giving feedback on student work in a timely manner
Required Qualifications & Experiences:
- Native or near-native English speakers
- Full proficiency in the teaching language, both spoken and written
- Minimal BA/BS degree from a university where English is the medium of education
- Minimal 3 years of experience teaching business English
- Valid work visa in Japan
- Ability to use the office application (e.g. MS Word, Excel)
- Professional appearance and attitude, reliable, and flexible
Preferred Qualifications & Experiences:
- Experience working in a corporate setting
- Certification or graduate degree in business/finance or relevant fields preferred
- CELTA, TEFL or TESOL certification
- Japanese language ability preferred but not mandatory
- Day-time and/or evening hours availability (18:00-21:00)
KGCC belongs to the Sano Educational Foundation and is part of Kanda Gaigo Group, which has been in the education business for over 50 years. KGCC has a good reputation for having qualified and experienced teachers. Our clients include government ministries, IT companies, electronics manufacturers, trading companies, banks and other business entities mainly located in the central Tokyo area.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2019 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.