Berlitz Japan is looking for a full-time GBC (Global Business Communication) English Language Assessor to join the GBC Assessment Team in our head office in Aoyama. We are looking to start the successful candidate in the position either at the beginning of September or October, 2019.
The GBC Assessment is used by our corporate clients to support the development of their employees by tracking and measuring their English communication abilities. This can highly impact an individual's career as GBC Assessment scores can be factored into hiring or status decisions within the company.
GBC Assessors do not deliver lessons, but rather rate an individual's language proficiency and interpersonal communication skills across a range of criteria. This is done by reviewing recorded interviews that are sent to our head office. GBC Assessors are also required to learn how to deliver professional GBC Assessment interviews, as well as prepare reports that meet the expectations of our clients.
The hours are Monday to Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (37.5 hours / week).
Salary: ￥290,000 per month.
• listen to and rate recorded proficiency interviews following our set of assessment criteria
• produce reports that meet the expectations of our corporate clients
• support our trained GBC interviewers with feedback and advice
• conduct GBC interviews as required
• work with other Berlitz departments to ensure smooth delivery of assessments and reports
• currently reside in Japan
• hold a minimum of a bachelor's degree from an accredited university
• be a native (or native-fluent) speaker of English
• ESL experience preferred
• a background in or knowledge of language testing would be beneficial
• excellent English writing skills
• ability to work quickly and efficiently with minimum supervision (once trained)
• good interpersonal skills: the ability to build strong relationships with external and internal customers
• dedication to providing outstanding customer service
• computer literate
• ability to follow a standardised process
This position has a six month developmental period to allow the selected candidate to build and refine their skills. As such, we are only looking for candidates who are able to make a minimum commitment to the role of 2 years.
This position requires enrolment in Shakai Hoken (Social Insurance).
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.