Since April 2009, Tokyo International School Group (TISG) has been running an English language program at Musashino Junior and Senior High School in Kita-ku Tokyo. Starting with one teacher in the first year, we now have two dedicated and passionate English teachers who work together to run this unique program.
The Musashino program is a hands-on approach to building English communicative ability. The idea is to foster a set of ideal learner traits while exploring themes that are interesting and relevant. Each student is supplied with an iPad which they use in class for note-taking, research, and presentations. As we teach each class 6 periods per week we are able to see solid growth in both language ability and ideal learner trait development.
- We are looking for a confident, dedicated, and passionate teacher.
- Candidates must have a degree in education and two years of experience (ideally working with junior or senior high school students in Japan).
- This is not an ALT position, TIS Group teachers in this program are responsible for planning and teaching their own classes.
- The workweek is Monday to Friday with some Saturday events during the year.
- Paid vacation days are public holidays, five days of sick leave, three weeks during summer, two weeks in winter, and one week in spring.
- The daily work schedule is 8:15 to 17:00 pm but it must be mentioned that, as with all teachers at Japanese schools, our teachers are expected to work the hours necessary to give the students a learning experience of the highest quality.
- Our teachers are required to use the curriculum matrix as a guide, along with lesson plans from previous years, to create lessons and materials for their classes. Lesson plan creation will be also be required.
The starting wage is ¥290,000 per month after the successful completion of probation.
During the 3-6 month probation period, the wage will be ¥270,000 per month.
The position includes yearly wage increases for a period of 10 years.
The following allowances are also included:
- ¥100,000/month housing
There is also a bonus available for successful completion of the contract.
- The school is located in Kita-ku, about a 15 minutes walk from JR Sugamo station.
The start date is April 2023.
- Resumes will be screened to check that minimum requirements are met.
- Candidates will be contacted to arrange an online interview.
- Following the first round of interviews, candidates will be short-listed for a second round interview.
- A final decision will be made and the successful candidate will start in April, on a date to be determined by their availability.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Last modified on April 3, 2023
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2023 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.