~ Naval Marine Service Technicians ~
Clarus Japan, a RelaDyne Reliability Services company, is looking for Naval Marine Service Technicians for it’s operation in Kanagawa Yokosuka Japan. The Naval Marine Service Technicians perform high velocity oil flushing and chemical cleaning services on rotating industrial machines & equipment such as turbines and compressors on naval ships (the customer). The Service Technicians also perform varnish removal, emergency water removal, heat transfer oil flushes and leakage oil reclamation on the customers industrial equipment.
The successful candidate will support field service projects on naval ships and participate in a continuous improvement organizational culture using tools to drive Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost excellence with the goal of proving value generation for the customer. We provide on-the-job training, employee development, career growth and competitive pay.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Responsible for conducting maintenance of industrial equipment (turbines/compressors) including rotating equipment lubrication, filter exchange, and greasing systems
• Performs diagnostic collection to include lubricant collection (industrial lubricants)
• Performs component removal (valves, filters housing, pumps, motors, etc.)
• Conduct work safely by attending daily safety and production meetings and following site safety requirements including personal protective equipment (PPE), job hazard analysis (JHA), job safety analysis (JSA), Lock Out/ Tag Out, Work Permitting, and Near Miss Unsafe Condition reporting
• Responsible to submit completed paperwork in a timely manner
• Support lean initiatives and continuous improvement
• Operate oil transfer pumps and filtration equipment
• Visual inspection and repair of oil distribution pipes and hoses
• Record gauge and liquid crystal display (LCD) read out values
• Route pipe as directed by lead personnel and bend tubing to equipment
• Clean and lubricate equipment and perform basic maintenance and repairs
• Operate tow motor/lift trucks to load and unload oil or other materials from machines
• Troubleshoot and repair equipment on the job site
• Perform other necessary job-related duties or responsibilities as assigned
• Minimum High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate) required
• 6 months to 2 years’ experience working with pumps, hoses, valves, in a plant or ships environment preferred
• Valid driver’s license required with a good driving record history
• Basic understanding of Microsoft Office Products
• Basic mechanical ability – use of hand tools, safety equipment and company equipment (e.g. uniforms, hard hat, safety glasses, etc.)
• Must be authorized to work in Japan
• Must submit to periodic background and clearance screenings
• Scheduling flexibility and ability to travel more than 40% and work in the field
• English language skills (conversational) is highly recommended
Physical Demands: The physical demands describe here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit/stand and walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must be able to verbally communicate with customers and fellow employees. The employee must be able to convey instructions, ideas and information accurately and quickly. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, climb and work in heights of 30 ft. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. Ability to perform duties in confined spaces/entry.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high level.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and provide a realistic job preview.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2019 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.