Oshaberi Eikaiwa Kyoshitsu (OEK) – an independent English Conversation school founded in 1987 .We are located between Tokyo and Nagoya, near the ocean and about 30 minutes from downtown Shizuoka City, Shizuoka Prefecture.
We have a great reputation as a language center and our staff of 7 like to think we make a difference. We are now the biggest private ESL school in Shizuoka.
“Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.” – W. B. Yeats
1 Full Time Position starts March 18th 2019
Working schedule is 40 hours, 5 days a week, from Tuesday to Saturday.
There is a combination of early starts and afternoon starts. Approximately 25 contact lessons a week.
• 18 month renewable contract - 257,500 yen/month (gross)
• Teaching all ages and English levels from mother and toddlers to adults
• Six weeks paid vacation per year.
• Japanese is not essential
• Will sponsor a working visa
Skills that we are looking for in our new teacher
• Enjoy diversity in teaching both children and adults of varying abilities. We also teach at community kindergartens.
• Ability to follow our children’s curriculum while creating lessons tailored to best help a diverse range of students and classes; phonics, sight-words, reading and writing are skills we stream into our children’s classes. We have a great program, good materials, and continued support and job training.
• Ability to be professionally inspired by teaching with a desire to continue learning about education.
• Contribute in creating a working environment that respects diversity, innovation and hard work while having enjoyment.
•A person who enjoys exploring new environments and being around people of all ages.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a close-knit team of 7 people.
Our adult classes are from beginners to advanced, with some students having been with us for 20 years. Being skilled in creating communication techniques that focus on the students and their abilities and personalities is something we value.
We are a well-resourced school. Our 2 schools located near each other are traditional Japanese houses. Teaching is floor based with low tables and cushions. This allows flexible use of classroom space so need to be healthy and happy sitting and getting up and down off the floor. We also conduct lessons in some local kindergartens and community centres.
There is also use of a small car for private use when not being used for school needs. The housing accommodation we offer is a small independent Japanese style house with reasonable rent of 40,000 - 50,000yen.
For a better understanding of our school please look at our website - http://www.oshaberi.net There is an English section. Also for more photos please visit us on facebook.
For a job description please email your CV/resume, a brief letter of introduction any letters of reference and a recent photo.
Applications from non-native speakers or incomplete responses from the above list will not be considered.
We apologize that we are not able to respond to all applicants.
Please note only candidates who pass the initial screening process will be contacted.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2019 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.