Thank you for your interest in working for Project Genius, a concern of Korakuen English Centre. We aim to be the premier English language consultancy firm for private secondary schools in Japan.
Our client school for this position is an all-girls private junior and senior high school located in Setagaya on Keio Line in Tokyo.
We are looking for someone who can work a five day a week schedule from Mondays to Saturdays (days off will be Sunday and one other day during the week).
In addition to teaching standard EFL, you will also be asked to create and teach SCIENCE content to advanced English language learners at the school.
This position starts from April 2023
Our compensation package includes
• a Japanese school year based renewable contract
• a monthly salary of ¥280,000 per month.
• a monthly salary that is not reduced during summer, winter, and spring vacations.
• transportation expenses that are fully compensated.
Our ideal candidate:
• hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
• has an interest in science
• can reach the school within one hour from their home.
• can work Saturdays.
• has at least one year experience teaching at a public or private secondary school in Japan.
• is comfortable with both solo and team teaching classes of up to 40 students.
• can design and teach their own regular EFL lessons as well as teach lessons made by others.
• takes the initiative when needed but is also able to work as a team player with both Japanese and non-Japanese teachers to work within an established curriculum and share their lesson ideas with other teachers at the school.
• keeps a positive attitude while working closely with the staff and teachers, Japanese and non-Japanese, at our client school as well as with our off-site office and executive team.
• speaks English at a native-level proficiency.
We will give special consideration to candidates who:
• have STEM teaching experience in Japan or in their home country.
• have experience teaching EIKEN.
• have a TESOL-certificate from an accredited institution.
Candidates whose resumes and cover letters show that they meet these requirements and who we feel will be a good match for the school will be contacted for an interview (through Zoom).
Please note that we do not accept resumes from overseas. And we only accept current holders of visas allowing work in Japan, which we will provide support for renewing.
Due to the number of resumes we receive we are unable to contact all applicants, but we do keep resumes on file and if you do not hear from us for this position, we may contact you in the future if a more suitable position becomes available.
Last modified on February 18, 2023
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2023 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.