Thank you for your interest in working for Project Genius, a concern of Korakuen English Centre. We aim to be the premier English language consultancy firm for private secondary schools in Japan.
Our client is looking for a teacher who can teach BOTH regular English lessons and physical education classes. Regarding PE classes, a Japanese PE teacher will help you, so you don’t have to be very good at sports but you need to do some basic exercise with students.
Our client school for this position is a private school located in Saitama city. The school consists of both junior and senior high school. One aspect of its curriculum is having teachers with native English level proficiency teach some non-EFL classes in English, including music, home economics and PE. Also, foreign teachers will be vice homeroom teachers and join morning homeroom sessions with Japanese homeroom teachers.
We currently have some PE teachers at the school, ones who teach boys’ PE classes and the others who teach girls’ PE classes. And we are looking for a new teacher who can teach both GIRLS’ PE classes and regular English lessons.
Classes are held from Monday to Friday all day as well as THREE SATURDAY MORNINGS a Month. (Please be aware of this Saturday schedule when considering applying.)
We are looking for someone who currently lives within a reasonable door-to-door commuting distance to the school campus, which within walking distance of Minami Urawa station on JR Musashino and Keihin Tohoku lines.
Our compensation package (renewable one year contract) includes:
• Remuneration of ¥280,000 per month.
• Remuneration is not reduced during summer, winter, and spring vacations.
• Transportation expenses are fully compensated.
• Provide Social Insurance and Pension package.
Ideal candidates for this position are those who
• can work a full time schedule, all day Monday to Friday and three Saturday mornings a month.
• is interested in not only teaching regular English lessons but also sports and fitness.
• has experience teaching both solo and team taught classes at a public or private secondary school in Japan.
• is willing to plan lessons while soliciting advice and feedback from their team teaching partners.
• has an enthusiastic and outgoing personality, with proven experience of eagerly building connections with students, staff and teachers, both Japanese and non-Japanese.
• is willing to participate in occasional weekend and off-campus events, such as sports days and open campus days.
• is comfortable using technology as teachers are expected to plan lessons that require students to use tablets during lessons.
• currently has a visa allowing work in Japan. (We will provide support for renewing.)
• has a minimum of a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
• lives within a reasonable commuting distance (about one hour door to door) from the school to ensure punctuality (or someone who can relocate).
• has native-level English proficiency (native tongue).
Candidates whose resumes and cover letters show that they meet these requirements and who we feel will be a good match for the school will be contacted for an interview (through ZOOM).
Due to the number of resumes we receive we are unable to contact all applicants, but we do keep resumes on file and if you do not hear from us for this position, we may contact you in the future if a more suitable position becomes available.
Last modified on February 20, 2023
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2023 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.