English-Please! is an independent, fast-growing, modern Adults & Kids Eikaiwa Language School in Nara. We are looking for an outgoing, experienced, professional Native English Instructor who is available to join our teaching staff in September 2020.
We require someone who is friendly and hardworking and who is dedicated long-term to language teaching. Successful applicants must be able to handle project deadlines and work well with others. We require an equal passion for teaching kids and adults.
The successful applicant will be required to:
* teach kids & adults using multimedia materials (42 teaching weeks a year)
* teach engaging trial lessons that accurately evaluate the prospective students level
* monitor student progress and encourage supplementary learning through ER and online systems
* participate in and contribute to the school meetings that help steer the school in the right direction.
* design & produce multi-media lesson materials (training provided).
* 40 hours per week (contact time no more than 27 hrs/week av., 42 lessons/course/yr)
* Fixed days off every week (Sunday and Monday)
* 12 paid holidays per year + National Holidays + Christmas + New Year
*Path for promotion and pay raises based on clear expectations and fair evaluations, raises are possible more than annually
* Monthly Transportation Allowance up to ¥20,000, the school is 45 minutes from Namba by Kintentsu at Yamato Yagi station
* Clean, smart, spacious working environment with a personal workstation
* Training in materials design (including developing online content, handouts, audio).
* Great teaching environment (multi-media tools help make lessons more engaging for students and more enjoyable to teach)
* Our school is one of only nine University of Cambridge English Language Assessment Centres in Japan & provides teaching accreditation and TESL training opportunities for free to all FT employees. Over the course of employment, all teaching staff sit exams in and receive certificates for University of Cambridge ‘TKT’ Modules 1, 2 and 3, a formal TESL accreditation recognised by employers in over 70 countries around the world.
To be awarded our higher pay grades, the candidate is expected to:
* have an extensive knowledge of teaching English as a second language, both in terms of theory and practice
* have experience in, and a passion for, teaching both kids and adults
have a sound understanding of how to teach phonics & grammar, how to plan lessons and how to assess student progress
have experience training or leadership of other teachers
have experience managing a material or curriculum design project at work from conception to completion
* see ESL as their career, not a break from it
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.