English-Please! is an independent, popular, modern Adults and Kids Eikaiwa Language School in Nara. We are looking for an outgoing, experienced, professional Native English Instructor who is available to join our teaching staff between July and September, 2019 (start dates can be flexible) for a one year contract (renewable after 12 months).
We are seeking someone who is friendly and hardworking who is dedicated long-term to language teaching. We require an equal passion for teaching kids and adults. Successful applicants must be able to handle project and report writing deadlines and work well with others.
We are currently seeking a full time instructor for 40 hours during the week (Tuesday to Saturday).
The successful applicant will be required to:
• plan, prepare, and conduct kids and adults lessons using multimedia materials (42 teaching weeks per year);
• monitor and report student progress to ensure a high quality of education and customer service;
• provide students with feedback, assessment, and advice;
• attend events outside of the normal working week on occasion;
• teach engaging trial lessons that accurately evaluate the prospective student’s level;
• participate in and contribute ideas to school meetings which add value to and help shape the future of our school; and
• design and produce multimedia lesson materials (training provided).
• 40 hours per week (contact time no more than 28 hours per week on average, 42 lessons per course per year). Non-teaching time is spent writing reports, preparing lessons, attending meetings, and contributing to the production of teaching materials. In all cases, training is provided.
• Schedules are pretty fixed and allow the teacher to teach the same students week after week, helping to create a better relationship with the student.
• Successful applicants will be paid between ¥275,000 and ¥340,000 per month, depending on performance and experience (our pay scales are explained in detail in the interview).
• Initial probationary period of 2 months, subject to extension based on performance during training.
• As a full time instructor, you are expected to contribute to the production of teaching materials on a daily basis. This includes flashcards, home study materials, exams, and e-learning modules (full training provided).
Benefits and perks:
• Fixed days off every week (Sunday and Monday).
• 12 paid holidays per year + National Holidays + Christmas + New Year; instructors renewing their contract will receive 1 additional paid holiday per year of service with each new contract.
• Monthly Transportation Allowance up to ¥20,000; the school is 40 minutes from Namba by Kintentsu at Yamato Yagi station, 7 minutes walk from Yamato Yagi station.
• Visa sponsorship after 3 months.
• Shakkai Hokken social and health insurance contributions.
• Relocation allowance of up US$1,000 (converted to Japanese Yen at the current exchange rate). To qualify, the candidate must move to a location that would result in a savings in transportation costs of more than US$1,000 over the course of the contract year.
• Fair opportunities for promotion at least once a year according to job performance and regular evaluations.
• Clean, smart, spacious working environment, including a shared office with individual workstations.
• Great teaching environment – multimedia tools help make lessons more engaging for students and more enjoyable to teach.
• Ongoing evaluation, training, and support network so as to constantly improve your teaching skills.
• Training in materials design, including developing online content, audio, video, and other curriculum materials.
• Opportunities to take formal examinations in and receive certification for University of Cambridge ‘TKT’ Modules 1, 2, and 3, a formal TESL accreditation recognised by employers in over 70 countries around the world. The cost of sitting these examinations is covered by the employer.
• Lots of opportunities to engage with the students outside the classroom through events held throughout the year.
• Pedagogically sound and fun to teach curriculum that is popular with both students and teachers.
To be awarded our higher pay grades, the candidate is expected to:
• have an extensive knowledge of teaching English as a foreign language, both in terms of theory and practice;
• have experience in and a passion for teaching both kids and adults;
• have a sound understanding of how to teach phonics and grammar, how to plan lessons, and how to assess student progress;
• have experience in the training or leadership of other teachers;
• have experience managing a materials or curriculum design project at work from conception to completion; and
• see ESL as their career, not a break from it.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2019 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.