English teacher (Leader-level)
We are currently preparing for the opening of a revolutionary "English School" called Grabenglish. As you know, English schools in Japan are actually English "Conversation" schools although conversation is just a part of a language. In our school, "Grammar" will come first because grammar is the rule and basis of every other element of a language such as reading, writing, listening and speaking.
● Designed especially for the majority of Japanese adults whose grammar levels are very low.
● Grammar oriented. We use a “Dual Lesson System” for beginners to pre-intermediate which means to teach a student grammar lessons in both Japanese and English in one lesson.
● Value “Commitment”, "Mindset" and "Self-learning" to train students to become "Internationally-acclaimed Japanese" around the world.
● Teach English, especially grammar, from entry level to Expert level.
● Checking homework and answering questions via email.
● Checking the English in documents created by Japanese members of staff.
● Support curriculum/lesson planning, materials making and improving.
● Skill transfer/training to new teachers.
● Human Resource related works such as interviewing candidates for new teachers.
● Administrative duties including PC work.
● Any other work that utilizes your English ability (translating, interpreting, proofreading etc.)
● Native English speaker.
● Experience teaching English to Japanese (From Junior high to adults).
● A good communicator and a team player.
● Self-directed and motivated.
● Flexible in teaching style.
● Currently reside in Japan.
● Hold a valid working visa for Japan.
● Must be able to use Microsoft Office.
● +10 years of teaching English experience.
● Able to teach comprehensive English (not only Grammar, but also Reading, Writing and Listening/Speaking).
● Translation experience (Japanese-English both ways. At least native check).
● Specialized in Presentation, speech and debate.
● Have TESOL, CELTA and/or other certificates equivalent to them.
Working hours and location:
● Monday-Friday 13:00-22:00 (1hour break) *It may be changed due to business situation.
● Head office in Gotanda, other places in Tokyo or Chiba and your home (Remote work).
● Contract employment (will be renewed every 6 months by mutual consent)
Monthly Salary: 200,000 yen~
After 6 months, if employer and employee both agreed, the contract will be changed to permanent. Monthly Salary will be 220,000 yen~
※Salary will be decided to take into account past work experience and ability.
● Transportation expenses and Overtime allowance are fully paid.
● Paid holidays (After the contract is changed to permanent).
● Promotion opportunity.
1. Screening - Only candidates who pass the initial screening process will be contacted.
2. Interview – Two interviews (Remote and/or Face to face).
3. Recruitment - We are hiring 1 person for this position.
The most important aspect we will consider when screening and interviewing candidates is their enthusiasm to help change the old-Japanese-style English education system and create the first place that trains Japanese students to become "Internationally-acclaimed Japanese" in the world with us.
Please don’t hesitate to apply. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.