※We have more opening positions due to business expansion now.
Gunma International School is searching for a reliable, energetic, and qualified homeroom teacher for a morning kindergarten class and some afternoon classes for kindergarten and elementary school children.
Working Day/Hours: Mon to Fri. 9:00 - 18:30 including lunch with children, preparation time, and a one-hour break in the afternoon.
Holidays: National holidays are basically off. GW, summer vacation, and winter vacation.
Candidates that meet our requirements will be invited for an interview and demo lesson. Successful applicants should be able to start as soon as possible.
Applicants who successfully complete their interview will be asked to come to our school one day for a demonstration lesson.
- Full-time teaching duties.
- Assessment of student progress.
- Fundamental care and supervision of students.
- Continuation of curriculum revision and development.
- Candidates should be Native English speaker.
- At least one year of teaching experience with kindergarten children at an international preschool setting or/and an early childhood degree.
- Candidates must reside in Japan
- Bachelor's degree is not required but preferred.
- Teaching certification or qualification in early childhood (Early Childhood Education License, Elementary Teaching License, Education/Child Development Degree)are preferred. If you have those kinds of official licenses, you may be offered better conditions.
- Ability to create lesson plans to accomplish learning goals in the curriculum
- Ability to apply curriculum principles in practice and to plan effective lessons.
- Skills to communicate with not only children but also parents in a positive and effective manner.
- Confidence to do activities like sports, crafts, singing and dancing, simple math, literacy lessons
- Organizational skills and creativity
- Ability to teach students where English is not their first language.
- Long-term commitment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and a proven capacity to work
collaboratively with colleagues
- Genuinely love working with children
- Being acutely aware of environmental dangers and risks to children; i.e. at the park, during free play, meal time, etc.
- Be punctual and on time.
-Like sports, such as football, dance, gymnastic and so on.
-Good at music, playing the piano or any music instruments, sing songs and so on.
-Good at instructing drama or performances for young children.
-Good at arts and crafts.
¥250,000 ~ ¥ 330,000 / month
* Salary will be decided based on past work experience and ability
Please check upon interview
- Transportation is paid
- 1/2 Insurance/Pension after 3 months’ probation
- Housing assistance
Gunma International School is located in picturesque Maebashi and Takasaki Gunma. Gunma is located at the northwestern edge of the Kanto region. We are able to enjoy a nice mixture of calm urban city life while having a plethora of other outdoor activities! We are also only 1.5 hours by normal train from central Tokyo, so hopping on the train and going into Tokyo for a day is within anyone’s ability. Prices are lower in Maebashi and Takasaki areas than in metropolitan areas. It is safer and easier to live, too.
GIS-Gunma International School is dedicated to education and safety for each of our students. We are still a new school and company, but we have clear goals and paths for our future.
*Part-time instructor position is also available.
If you are an enthusiastic, curious individual with an innate ability to connect with kids, we want to hear from you.
Please send the cover letter with a resume and reference.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2021 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.