※Now we have one more opening position due to business expansion.
Gunma International School is searching for a reliable energetic and qualified homeroom teacher for a 4.5 hour morning class of kindergarten children and some afternoon classes for elementary school children afternoon.
Working Day/Hours: Mon to Fri. 9:00 - 18:30 including lunch with children, preparation time and a one-hour break in the afternoon.
Holidays: National holidays are basically off. GW and summer vacation, and winter vacation.
Candidates that meet our requirements will be invited for an interview and demo lesson, and successful applicants should be able to start as soon as possible.
Applicants who successfully complete their interview will be asked to come to our school one day for demonstration lesson.
- Full-time teaching duties.
- Assessment of student progress.
- Fundamental care and supervision of students.
- Continuation of curriculum revision and development.
- Candidates should be Native English speaker.
- At least one years of teaching experience with kindergarten children at an international preschool setting or/and an early childhood degree is the must.
- Candidates must reside in Japan
- Teaching certification or qualification in early childhood (Early Childhood Education License, Elementary Teaching License, Education/Child Development Degree)are preferred.
- Ability to create lesson plans to accomplish learning goals in the curriculum
- Ability to apply curriculum principles in practice and to plan effective lessons.
- Skills to communicate with not only children but also parents in a positive and effective manner.
- Confidence to do activities like sports, crafts, singing and dancing, simple math, literacy lessons
- Organizational skills and creativity
- Ability and experience teaching students for whom English is not their first language.
- Long-term commitment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and a proven capacity to work
collaboratively with colleagues
- Genuinely love working with children
- Being acutely aware of environmental dangers and risks to children; i.e. at park, during free play, meal time, etc.
- Be punctual and on time.
- Transportation is paid
- 1/2 Insurance/Pension after 3 months’ probation
- Housing assistance
Gunma International School is located in picturesque Maebashi and Takasaki Gunma. Gunma is located at the northwestern edge of the Kanto region. We are able to enjoy an nice mixture of a calm urban city life while having a plethora of other outdoor activities! We are also only 1.5 hours by normal train from central Tokyo, so hopping on the train and going into Tokyo for a day is within anyone’s ability.
GIS-Gunma International School is dedicated to education and safety of each student that attends. We are still in our infancy as a school and company, but we have clear goals and path for the future.
※Part-time instructor position is also available.
If you are an enthusiastic, curious individual with an innate ability to connect with kids, we want to hear from you.
Please send the cover letter with a resume.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.