We are an international kindergarten located in the heart of Kyoto. Our students study social studies, science, math, and other topics in English. We are not a language school, but a kindergarten similar to what you would find in your home country. Our goal is to create a fun and comfortable atmosphere for kids to learn. We strive to help our students grow into bright, open-minded and kind children. We are a small school, with a big heart!
Our students range from 1.5 years to 6 years old. This age group is very rewarding to teach, but can be demanding as well. As such, we are looking for energetic teachers who are reasonably fit. We often take our students to play at the local park, and have weekly teacher-lead P.E. classes (Kinder Gems only). At Little Gems International School, we work hard to create a fun, collaborative environment for our teachers. As a teacher, we encourage you to help in shaping our curriculum, and welcome new ideas to make our school a better learning environment for our students.
Some of the daily responsibilities include:
• Creating a fun and lively environment for children
• Helping to plan, organize, and lead classes
• Supporting staff members, including preparing materials, caring for students during recess time, assist with minor administrative duties, cleanup class materials etc.
• Eating lunch with students
Teaching experience is preferred, but not required. We believe that a good attitude, willingness to learn and a bit of determination will go a long way.
We currently offer four different classes at our school. Our Kinder Gems class is divided into three groups (Kinder A, Kinder B and Kinder C) with students ranging from 3 to 6 years old. These students learn a variety of subjects from social studies, science, and math to art, English, and P.E. Teachers will need to have basic knowledge in each of these subjects.
Our Pre-Gems/Pre-Kinder class includes students from 1.5 years old to 3 years old. The children are quite young, and therefore require a lot of energy from their educators. Each month we focus on a different theme, which involves lots of singing and dancing, as well as daily academic lessons. In order to provide a prepared environment for our students, teachers are asked to submit their monthly themes at least a month in advance. We view our Pre-Gems class as a fun-filled introduction to English and a useful path toward becoming future Kinder Gems students.
In addition to our kindergarten program, we provide after-school lessons for children ranging from 3 to 12 years old. Classes are designed based on the individual student’s level and goals. We also offer Spring Break, Summer Break and Winter Break programs.
Little Gems International School Kyoto is looking for teachers who:
• Love working with children
• Creatively approach teaching
• Are flexible and work well as part of an international team
• Preferably has some Japanese conversational ability, however it’s not required
• Are able to commit to 1-2 years of work, including 2 out of 3 weeks of Summer Program and 1 week of Spring and Winter program.
• Bachelor degree or higher
• Previous experience working at a pre-school, after-school program or with young children
• Child care license is preferred, but not required
• Working visa preferred, but not required
Our job openings for the 2020-2021 school year are as follows:
• Part time teacher (Kinder B class (4~5years old children’s teacher)
Working hours are approximately 30 hours per week Monday-Friday from 8:30a.m-2:30p.m.
*In addition to the usual scheduled hours, Summer, Spring, and Winter programs are offered, and teachers may be required to fill in during these weeks as well.
Our 2020-2021 school year, 2nd term will begin September 1st, but the position is available from September. If possible, the teacher will begin on the job training from October.
Tentative Training Schedule:
• 8:45-15:00 Pre-Gems/Kinder Gems Class Observations
• 15:00-18:00 After-school Lesson observations (3x1 hour classes)
*During the training period, teachers may be asked to lead class lessons, to assist in class management and preparation, as well as other necessary duties. Teachers will receive half-time pay with transportation costs paid up to 750 yen per day.
Benefits and compensation:
• Competitive starting salary
• Yearly pay increase (in accordance with the school and teacher performance)
• Weekends off
• National holidays off, as well as Obon week, 2-3 weeks Winter vacation and 1-2 weeks Spring vacation (all vacation days are unpaid).
• Transportation fee (up to 15,000 yen a month)
• Visa sponsorship available if necessary
Our school is located in the center of Kyoto city. We are near Daimaru Department store and the famous Nishiki Marketplace. We are a short walk from both Karasumaoike station (Karasuma line) and Shijo station (Hankyu line).
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.