Job Title: Children’s English Teacher / Entertainer / Artist
Advertiser Type: Direct hire
Contract Type: Part-time (¥2000 ~ ¥3000/hour)
Training Period: 20 to 30 hours depending on experience at a reduced rate (¥1000/hour)
This is not a normal English teacher position!!
At International Language House, we focus on fun and performing arts with our clients. Our teachers are trained to have a fun class using their environment and songs. Not only do we bring English to our kids, but our teachers come from all over the world and offer their own native languages and backgrounds to create an even more unique, eye-opening experience for the children and Nursery staff as well. We also have an exciting online program that we offer to schools to accommodate the current COVID19 situation. It comes equipped with fun games, backgrounds, original songs, and world-culture themes.
- Classroom management
- Can work well with young children
- Teaching English to children 1 - 6 years old.
- Leading fun music-oriented lessons (mostly singing and dancing).
- Making lesson plans (a yearly curriculum is provided).
- Building a curriculum with other teachers, working as a team.
- Teach ONLINE through Zoom to schools either at home or at designated locations.
REASONS TO JOIN:
- A fun and rewarding work environment
- Potential for professional opportunities that benefit both ILH and the employee outside of the main teaching role.
Some example of projects teachers started with ILH:
➢ Music classes (instruments and singing),
➢ Athletic classes (sports such as Volleyball and fitness),
➢ Art classes (after school program),
➢ Wine and Cheese Nights (for adults led by a teacher),
➢ Product Team managing ILH’s digital efforts
Please provide a detailed cover letter that explains how you can contribute to the company.
Our employees are excited to see Tokyo and Japan so along with our professional development, we have mentoring and team building events to see different parts of Tokyo and the surrounding prefectures.
As a service to our teachers, we help with information regarding apartments, phone plans, internet, governmental processes, and more.
A small company that allows for a close relationship with all team members from the newest all the way to the CEO.
- Weekdays Monday-Saturday in the morning and afternoon (each employee’s exact schedule is decided upon hiring - the aforementioned simply shows when classes could be scheduled).
- This is a PART-TIME position: The teacher will have 1-2 classes in a day. Each class is 1 to 3 hours long. Average 4-5 hours/day after developing a full schedule
- More hours are available for your own projects.
- Fluent English speaker (not necessarily native)
- Flexibility to teach online or in-person classes
- Bachelor's degree (at a minimum for the visa application).
- A resident of TOKYO or YOKOHAMA.
- One-year minimum initial contract period.
- Possesses a visa that allows for work
- Transportation allowance is provided (up to ¥25,000/month)
- Health insurance assistance (up to ¥10,000 covered)
- Visa sponsorship available for those that qualify
- Various training programs, consultation, and career development
- Opportunities for promotion and growth within the company
- Interested candidates must submit a RESUME listing relevant work experience with a COVER LETTER.
- Applications without headshots will not be considered
- Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2021 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.