K. International School Tokyo (KIST) is seeking an experienced, English-speaking preschool teacher to join the instructional team at its separate preschool, K. International Preschool (KIPS), an in-house preschool facility located near Morishita station in Koto-ku, to commence from April 2021. Previous experience working with 2-year-old children is essential.
The main expectations of preschool teachers include:
- Planning and implementing educational activities that focus on developing English ability.
- Monitoring the development of students' language skills as well as social and emotional skills.
- Providing feedback on student progress and achievement to parents.
- Monitoring student welfare.
- Preparing official documentation as required.
- Contributing to maintaining a positive, pleasant environment within the preschool.
- Performing student supervisory duties and other general duties as requested.
Applicants should have a genuine interest in working with very young children and should be patient and flexible. In addition, applicants should have strong interpersonal and communication skills and a proven capacity to work collaboratively within a team. IT skills are also essential.
This is a local hire position. Applications will only be accepted from persons currently living in Japan. Relocation and housing allowances are not provided.
The initial contract period commences in April 2021 and continues through July 2022. Only teachers prepared to commit to this period should apply. An opportunity for contract renewal may be provided depending on appraised work performance and school needs.
Working hours are organized in shifts of 8 hours per day with 60 minutes total break time, Monday through Friday. A number of Saturdays are also scheduled as mandatory working days throughout the year.
In addition to the monthly salary, other benefits include:
- Reimbursement for actual commuter expenses incurred up to a maximum of 40,000 yen per month.
- Annual paid leave (as scheduled by the school during school vacation periods).
- Annual personal leave (available after the initial three months).
- Special summer vacation leave of 4 weeks.
- Annual flight and summer allowances.
- Health insurance and unemployment insurance.
- Meals subsidy.
- Tuition discount for child dependents.
Applications should contain:
1) A complete resume, including details of qualifications and relevant experience (with specific reference to experience working with 2-year-olds).
2) A cover letter outlining experience related to the position and explaining the specific aspects of KIST and KIPS that interest you.
3) A one-page statement outlining your personal philosophy of education.
4) Contact details for at least two recent professional references, including most recent supervisors.
5) A recent photograph.
6) Personal details, including information on any dependents.
7) Details of visa status and expiry (for non-Japanese nationals).
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2021 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.