K. International School Tokyo (KIST) is seeking a native English-speaker to provide one-to-one academic support to an Elementary-aged student during the regular school day.
The main duties of the position include:
- Providing academic support to the student in all lessons throughout the regular school day.
- Assisting the student in developing essential academic knowledge and skills.
- Collaborating with the class teacher to organize effective learning experiences for the student.
- Communicating directly with the student's parents regarding progress, effort and motivation.
- Performing other general tasks as requested.
Applicants should have strong interpersonal and communication skills. In addition, applicants should have a genuine interest in children and should be patient and flexible. IT skills are also essential.
Applicants must hold an appropriate visa (e.g. permanent resident, spouse or child of Japanese national, long-term resident) as visa sponsorship is not available.
This is a local hire position. Applications will only be accepted from persons currently living in Tokyo. Relocation and housing allowances are not provided.
The initial contract period commences immediately a suitable candidate is found and continues through June 2020. Only applicants prepared to commit to this period should apply. An opportunity for contract renewal may be provided depending on the needs of the student.
Standard working hours are from 8:00 to 5:00 with 60 minutes total break time, Monday through Friday. A number of Saturdays are also scheduled as mandatory work days throughout the year for annual school events (working hours may vary). Attendance at a number of evening events during the year may also be required.
In addition to the monthly salary, other benefits include:
- Reimbursement for commuter travel to a maximum of 25,000 yen per month.
- Annual paid leave (as scheduled by the school during school vacation periods).
- Annual personal leave (available after the initial three months).
- Health insurance and unemployment insurance.
- Lunch subsidy.
Applications should contain:
1) A cover letter in English outlining experience related to the position.
2) A complete work resume in English, including details of qualifications and relevant experience.
3) The names and contact details (e-mail preferred) for at least two recent professional references.
4) A recent photograph.
5) Details of visa status and expiry.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.